Pay Class: Salaried Exempt
Minimum Pay Rate: $78,800.00
Maximum Pay Rate: $118,100.00
PAID OUT IN THREE INSTALLMENTS
Annual Salary $77,000 - $95,000 *depending on experience
The Role and the Company
Heidelberg Materials is seeking a 2nd shift Maintenance supervisor to join our team in Downingtown, PA.
Heidelberg Materials provides the materials to build our future. Our future is sustainable. Our future is digital. And it goes beyond cement, aggregates and ready-mixed concrete. Heidelberg Materials North America, previously known as Lehigh Hanson, operates more than 450 locations with approximately 9,000 employees in the U.S. and Canada.
What you'll get to do
Are you looking for a long-term position with a stable company? Heidelberg Materials is seeking a Senior Maintenance Supervisor (second shift) for our Downingtown, PA aggregate plant. The Maintenance Supervisor will be responsible for managing second shift plant personnel in all areas of the operation including safety, repairs, maintenance, and other production-related activities. Reporting to the Plant Manager, this position ensures compliance with all standards, policies, and regulations for safe, environmentally-sound activities.
- Plan and direct the maintenance operations of an approximately 2,000,000 ton crushing/screening plant.
- Effectively and proactively administer Heidelberg Materials safety program ensuring compliance with MSHA rules and regulations.
- Manage union second shift employees under the guidelines of Heidelberg Materials HR Policies and Procedures.
- Oversee the maintenance planning, staffing, and working operations in a cost-effective manner.
- Prepare schedule and coordinate maintenance activities to ensure task completion by end of shift so that production plant is ready to run next morning.
- Troubleshoot and resolve maintenance related problems to ensure minimum costs and prevent operational delays.
- Deliver weekly safety and department meetings.
- Ensures plant and mobile equipment is kept in good and safe working condition to maximize asset throughput.
- The incumbent must understand and comply with Company compliance policies, including the Code of Business Conduct (including NAM supplements), the anti-corruption policy and the Antitrust Compliance Policy, and is required to participate in compliance training in such policies and provide disclosures and compliance certifications from time to time. As a manager, the incumbent is expected to require compliance with such policies by subordinates, monitor their activities for compliance and disclose incidents of non-compliance as provided by such policies.
This position will be based in Downingtown, PA.
Essential Experience and Skills
- Bachelor's degree with mining related discipline (Preferred) or the equivalent in relevant work experience
- Prior supervisory experience preferred
- 4 years of quarry experience (preferred) and understanding of crushing and process equipment
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Excellent organization and time management skills
- Proficient working knowledge of Microsoft Office products
- Solid understanding of government regulations and demonstrated ability to impact safe working practices
- Ability to define problems, collect data, establish facts, and draw valid conclusions
- Ability to communicate clear and concise instructions in a professional manner
What we have to Offer
- Competitive base salary and participation in our annual incentive plan
- Highly competitive benefits program
- Secure, long-term employment
- 401k retirement savings plan with an automatic company contribution as well as matching contributions
- Opportunities for advancement
- Training and Development
Lehigh Hanson is a Drug Free Workplace
External candidates must be able to work in the USA without sponsorship.
Employer Statement: Equal Opportunity Employer - Minority / Female / Veteran / Disabled