Apply for this job now
- Sitka, Alaska
- Job Type
- 19 May 2023
Apply for this job now
An Accountant on the Alaska Communications' Accounting team is responsible for contributing to the production of timely and accurate financial reporting. The integrity of our reporting is confirmed through monthly general ledger close, account reconciliations, and exception analysis; and through communication with operational business partners to facilitate the accuracy of financial data.
Reasonable Accommodations Statement
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. Reasonable Accommodations may be made to enable qualified individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
• Prepare accurate financial statement reconciliations including related journal entries.
• Prepare, examine, and analyze financial data to ensure accuracy, completeness, and conformance to reporting and procedural standards.
• Maintain up-to-date knowledge of GAAP, SOX 404, regulatory requirements; and multiple billing and financial reporting systems.
• Create and maintain moderate to complex spreadsheets to perform and document analyses to evaluate and ensure accuracy of financial data.
• Prepare and maintain customer billings too complex for standard billing systems.
• Maintenance of detailed continuing property records including analysis of projects, unitization of assets, appropriate financial treatment, and accounting for retirements.
• Gather information from multiple sources to: ensure cross-departmental use of "best practices," resolve business partner issues, and facilitate streamlining processes.
• Other moderate sized special projects and duties as assigned.
Bachelor's Degree in Accounting or Finance. Equivalent education, experience, and training may be substituted for the degree requirement on a year-to-year basis plus two (2) years of professional-level accounting experience resulting in a demonstrable understanding of accounting principles and an increasing level of responsibility. Equivalent education and training may be substituted for experience on a year-to-year basis. Demonstrated proficiency working with Microsoft Office
Suite, including Word, Excel, and Outlook.
Other Requirements: Experience in an ERP accounting system. Experience in the communications industry which results in a demonstrated familiarity with regulatory, financial, and competitive nature of business, is preferred.