Apply for this job now
Accounting & Claims - Senior Analyst
- Atlanta, Georgia
- Job Type
- 19 May 2023
Apply for this job now
BMS Group is a dynamic, independent global broker established in 1980, delivering specialist insurance, reinsurance, and capital markets advisory services. Our purpose is to help people, businesses and communities flourish and prosper in a world of risk.
As a global brand with offices located across the US, Canada, Latin America, Australia, Europe and Asia, BMS Group maintains a strong local focus and understanding of market needs. Being independent gives our brokers the freedom to deliver the best solutions and combined with our collaborative team approach, single platform worldwide and renowned personal service, we are the independent broker of choice.
This position will work for BMS Re, the specialist reinsurance arm of BMS Group. BMS Re is reshaping reinsurance by aligning interests with our clients and enhancing their success with advice and delivery models that service their unique needs. BMS Re has a proven ability to execute in reinsurance and capital markets worldwide.
For more information on BMS and BMS Re, visit us online at or follow us on LinkedIn and Twitter.
Find out what it's like to work at BMS Re by clicking here.
As a Senior Accounting and Claims Analyst you will facilitate reinsurance accounting and claims activity and provide technical reinsurance expertise for clients, reinsurers and BMS Sales teams. Assist Manager and team members with training and problem solving. Develop creative solutions to enhance client service and implement processes and procedures to improve consistency and drive efficiencies.
How you will add value?
• Serve as accounting and claims liaison between ceding companies and reinsurers. Responsible for:
• Reviewing and understanding terms of reinsurance contracts and program structures.
• Timely receipt and transmittal of accounts, adjustments and premium transactions including collection of funds and disbursement to clients/reinsurers.
• Prompt evaluation and processing of reinsurance claims in accordance with contract language and company standards.
• Manage collection of funds, queries, and outstanding issues between reinsurers and ceding companies until resolution. Conduct timely and regular claim follow-ups.
• Evaluate clients' potential unauthorized reinsurance penalties and obtain funding of reserves from unauthorized reinsurers.
• Produce and respond to written and verbal communications effectively and appropriately within company standards.
• Work with team to develop and implement procedures and training programs for BMS operating and production units and clients.
• Adapt quickly to rapidly changing technologies and systems. Work with team to create effective and efficient processes and solutions. Work with team to ensure system conversions flow smoothly.
• Coordinate client integration and data transfers.
• Maintain paperless files and reports to assist in the performance of assigned responsibilities.
• Travel to client and reinsurer offices as needed to support sales teams and BMS operating units.
• Assume and perform specialized functions and special projects as requested.
We are looking for someone with:
• A Bachelor's degree (B.A./B.S.) from a four year college or university or equivalent preferably in Accounting, Finance, Math, Economics or other similarly quantitative or analytically oriented major
• Three or more years experience as an Analyst or significant insurance and/or reinsurance experience and have worked with complex reinsurance programs. Specialty Causality experience is a plus but not required
• The ability to see big picture with excellent attention to detail
• The ability to manage time, prioritize and work to deadlines; adept at multi-tasking with strong organizational skills
• A highly collaborative personality with ability to maintain positive client relationships; flexible to meet the needs and demands of a fast-paced work environment
• The ability to effectively communicate and interact with internal and external clients and vendors through both verbal and written means with excellent listening ability
• The ability to make good decisions using independent judgment
• The ability to learn quickly and effectively incorporate new concepts and practices; flexible and open to change
• Advanced Microsoft Excel, Word and Outlook experience
• Willingness to attend classes, trainings and conferences to learn new skills
What's in it for me?
This role offers a competitive salary and exceptional benefits, including the following offerings:
• comprehensive medical and dental plan options for you and your dependents
• vision, short-and long-term disability and life insurance options
• 401(k) with company match
• employer funded health saving accounts
• business travel accident insurance
• identity theft and legal services
• fitness and wellness reimbursement
• generous leave policies, including parental leave
• paid holidays, volunteer days and your birthday off!
• opportunity to purchase equity
The annual base salary range provided for this position is a nationwide marker range and represents a broad range of salaries for this role across the country. The actual salary advanced to the desired candidate will be based on a number of factors, including geographic location and the skills, education, training, credentials, and experience of the desired candidate.
BMS is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Through our Diversity, Equity and Inclusion (DEI) vision, we are committed to 'building a culture of belonging for all, valuing diverse perspectives and embracing authenticity.' As such, we have created our 'BMS Together' program, with dedicated training, collaborative committees and intentional partnerships.
BMS offers flexible and hybrid working policies and we're happy to discuss options with you upon application. Please let our team know if you require any adjustments to support you through the application process.
- Job Reference: 1010169903-2
- Date Posted: 19 May 2023
- Recruiter: BMS Re
- Location: Atlanta, Georgia
- Salary: On Application
- Sector: Accounting
- Job Type: Permanent