Apply for this job now
Accounts Payable Specialist
- Miami, Florida
- Job Type
- 19 May 2023
Apply for this job now
Who we are:
AerSale is a global leader and market innovator specializing in aviation products and services to meet the growing demand for aftermarket support in global passenger, cargo, and government segments. Featuring complete aircraft nose-to-tail, value-added offerings, including Aircraft & Component Maintenance, Repair and Overhaul Services (MRO), Aircraft & Engine Sales and Leasing, Used Serviceable Material (USM) Sales and Parts Exchange, Flight Equipment Asset Management Services, Internally developed aircraft and component modifications (engineered solutions) designed to enhance aircraft performance and operating economics (e.g. AerSale , AerTrak and AerAware).
For more information, visit us at .
What we Offer:
100% Employer Paid Dental, Vision, Life, Short and Long Term Disability Insurance
401K with Employer Contribution
Employee Stock Purchase Plan (ESPP)
Education Reimbursement (related field)
Employee Referral Program and Recognition Program
15 days of Paid Time Off (PTO) annually
Position Summary: Coordinates the compiling of all (global) amounts owed to vendors, suppliers, or other organizations/individuals. Assists supervisor to ensure that all vendor invoices are paid promptly, reviews vendor statements for past due invoices, and prepares year-end 1099 function.
Responsibilities and Duties:
• Assists supervisor with streamlining A/P process for all AerSale locations.
• Acts as backup for Supervisor, Global Accounts Payable, when required.
• Reviews payable invoices for accuracy and matches to purchase order and receiver for authorization of purchase for invoices directly associated with PO's.
• Corresponds or communicates with vendors when necessary to correct or modify invoices received.
• Codes payable invoices with correct general ledger and department/division codes to ensure proper entry into the Pentagon system.
• Enters payable invoices accurately into the Pentagon system within pre-defined deadlines.
• Applies claims to vendor invoices in the Pentagon system where necessary.
• Organizes and files all paid invoices to properly maintain an orderly and accurate filing system.
• Assists with the checks/wires process to ensure vendor invoices are paid promptly.
• Reconciles monthly vendor statement for missing or outstanding invoices.
• Provides ad hoc support to the Corporate Accounting department on special projects or tasks as needed and requested.
• Prepares and ensures year-end 1099's are issued accurately and one time.
Education and Experience:
• High School Diploma or GED required. Associates Degree in Accounting is preferred.
• Must have at least one to two (1-2) years' experience in accounts payable/receiving or related field.
Skills and Abilities:
• Ability to work and interact with departments throughout the organization.
• Must be proficient in Microsoft Windows/Microsoft Office (Word & Excel).
• Must be able to multi-task.
• Must have exceptional verbal and written communication skills.
• Must exhibit a high level of confidentiality with work product.
Equal Opportunity Employer/Protected Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities
The contractor will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. However, employees who have access to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with the contractor's legal duty to furnish information. 41 CFR 60-1.35(c)
- Job Reference: 1010170543-2
- Date Posted: 19 May 2023
- Recruiter: AerSale
- Location: Miami, Florida
- Salary: On Application
- Sector: Accounting
- Job Type: Permanent