Apply for this job now
Accounts Receivable Specialist Entry Level Onsite - Berkeley, CA
- Berkeley, California
- USD22.00 to USD28.00 Per Hour
- Job Type
- 19 May 2023
Apply for this job now
Who are we?
The TSS Family of Companies is one of the largest independent laboratory and hospital service providers with locations across the United States. Our customers include leading life sciences and healthcare companies and renowned research institutions. We are a leading provider of environmental monitoring solutions and testing, calibration, and certification services for controlled environments, medical gas systems, and laboratory instrumentation. Our Family of Companies includes Technical Safety Services (TSS), Evergreen Medical Services (EMS) and AL-TAR.
TSS ensures the equipment our customers use to keep their employees and products safe is in full working order. We are the leading provider in the country of testing and certification services for cleanrooms, fume hoods, biological safety cabinets, and other controlled environment equipment. Working at our customers' facilities, TSS employees are key enablers - helping ensure safety, accuracy, and compliance in some of the leading laboratories in the United States.
We are rapidly growing and looking for additional passionate and talented employees to join our team and partner with our customers who are doing dramatic work focused on improving the human condition.
How will you make an impact?
Our Accounts Receivable Specialists are responsible for expertly overseeing the billing process from its inception to completion. This process involves working with various teams across the country to ensure that all applicable information, which may include purchase order data as well as customer specific requirements, is accurately reflected on each invoice.
What will you do?
• Specializes in updating and summarizing receivables and creates invoices in our accounting system, including all applicable supporting documentation.
• Reviews and resolves any unbilled orders to assure all orders are being invoiced timely.
• Works with the Collections team to research and resolve any billing disputes.
• Sends final invoices to customer all internal company departments as needed.
• Posts payments to customer accounts including the processing of credit payments.
• Communicates directly with customers with any questions or issues and resolves or escalates problems.
• Collaborates with internal and external teams to ensure accurate and timely data entry.
• Ensure customer files and continually updated.
• Other duties as assigned.
How will you get here?
Education and Experience
Requires a High School Diploma or equivalent and 2 years of experience in Accounts Receivable, Billing, or other related experience.
A combination of education, training and related experience may meet requirements
Sage 300 experience a plus
Salesforce experience a plus
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
Excellent customer service and communication skills, both verbal and written.
Excellent accuracy and attention to detail with the ability to consistently meet deadlines.
Strong troubleshooting and problem-solving skills with the ability to learn new systems and services.
Ability to work effectively under limited supervision by employing effective time management and prioritization skills.
Ability to work in a collaborative team environment to meet individual and department goals.
Ability to learn and effectively use multiple software systems including the MS Office suite.
How will you get rewarded?
Compensation and Benefits
Medical, vision and dental insurance
401(k) plan with a company matching contribution
Long-term disability, short-term disability, and life insurance
Competitive Paid Time Off (PTO) and company paid holidays
TSS is a passionate equal opportunity employer and celebrates diversity. Interested in a role but not sure it's the right fit for you? Call us and let's talk.
Salary range of $22-$27 hrly (Salary to be determined by the education, experience, knowledge, skills, and abilities of the applicant, internal equity, and alignment with industry data.)
- Job Reference: 1010169640-2
- Date Posted: 19 May 2023
- Recruiter: Technical Safety Services
- Location: Berkeley, California
- Salary: USD22.00 to USD28.00 Per Hour
- Sector: Accounting
- Job Type: Permanent