Apply for this job now
Athletic Trainer Certified (ATC)/Injury Prevention Specialist - Lake Buena Vista, FL
- Orlando, Florida
- USD21.00 Per Hour
- Job Type
- 19 May 2023
Apply for this job now
Select Physical Therapy is now hiring Full Time Certified Athletic Trainers (ATC)/Injury Prevention Specialists for employees at our premier theme park partnership in Lake Buena Vista, Florida!
One of these candidates we need to be Haitian Creole speaking
Candidates will be responsible for Onsite Injury Prevention for Employees and Entertainers. Designs and implements specific Injury Prevention programs for Employees and Entertainers under the direction of the Program's Medical Director including: functional assessments, individual and group conditioning, corrective exercise programs, and educational presentations under the direction of the Program Medical Director. Preferred candidates will have 1+ yr of experience in an industrial/occupational setting. New grads welcome to apply!
Compensation: Commensurate with experience, starting at $21/hr
Hours Needed: Typical hours needed of an Athletic Trainer. Some early mornings and some late evenings. 40 hour work week!
UNMATCHED continuing education program with internal CEU courses, national certifications and more. FREE
Company matching 401(k)
Affordable PPO Benefits
Generous Paid Time Off
Competitive salary, and more!
NovaCare Rehabilitation, Physiotherapy Associates and Select Physical Therapy are part of Select Medical Corporation's Outpatient Division, a nationally prominent, locally driven provider of outpatient physical rehabilitation with over 1,800 locations in 39 states and the District of Columbia. Throughout the country we operate primarily as Select Physical Therapy, NovaCare Rehabilitation, Kessler Rehabilitation Center and KORT. Our highly respected clinical team provides preventative and rehabilitative services that maximize functionality and promote well-being. We develop individualized treatment plans to help achieve each patient's specific goals. Our integrated local market network allows us to effectively partner with physicians, employers, payors, and case managers to achieve optimal patient outcomes in a cost-effective manner. We also provide physical therapy and athletic training services to professional sports teams, colleges, universities and high schools.
Athletic Trainers in this position are responsible for providing injury prevention services
Individual and group conditioning
Corrective exercise programs
Desired 1-2 years of experience in an industrial/occupational setting
BS Degree REQUIRED
NATA BOC Certified
FL ATC License
First Aid/CPR/AED Certified
Knowledge and an understanding of OSHA regulations and standards in first aid treatment in an industrial setting
Basic understanding of ergonomics and body mechanic assessment
Desired exposure and/or certifications in movement screens, postural assessments, and corrective exercises.
• Ability to lift patients using biomedical techniques frequently throughout the course of a work day/shift; must be capable of easily lifting fifty (50) pounds of weight alone.
• Ability to walk, bend, stand, and reach constantly during a work day/shift.
• Visual acuity (near and distant) sufficient to maintain accurate records, recognize people, and understand written direction.
• Ability to speak and hear sufficiently to understand and give directions.
• Ability to push wheeled equipment throughout the facility and in the community.
• Fine motor skills adequate for scheduling and preparing athletes, equipment, and supplies for treatment.
• Ability to participate in sustained activities for many hours in duration in accordance with state labor laws.
Select Medical is committed to having a workforce that reflects diversity at all levels and is an equal opportunity employer. Qualified applicants are considered for employment, and employees are treated during employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, citizenship, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, ancestry, physical or mental disability, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected under applicable law.
- Job Reference: 1010172677-2
- Date Posted: 19 May 2023
- Recruiter: Select Physical Therapy
- Location: Orlando, Florida
- Salary: USD21.00 Per Hour
- Sector: Healthcare & Medical
- Job Type: Permanent