Build an Aviation Career You're Proud Of
At Western Jet Aviation, a company of StandardAero, we use our ingenuity and know-how to find solutions for the simple to the most complex challenges in aviation. Together, we get the job done and done well.
What's it like at Western Jet Aviation, a company of StandardAero
Collaboration, teamwork, and having each other's backs are the norm here. Our growth in this expanding industry means getting career stability and opportunities to grow. With great resources, an inclusive atmosphere, and a culture based on shared values, we'll support you in building a solid career with a team you can count on.
- Airframe and Power plant License Required, high school diploma or equivalent required.
- Basic knowledge of operating a personal computer or laptop.
- Knowledge of job-specific machines and tools, including their designs, uses, repair, and maintenance.
- Capable of repairing machines or systems using the needed tools
- Ability to determine the kind of tools and equipment needed to do a job
- Able to perform routine maintenance on equipment and determine when and what kind of maintenance is needed.
- Capable of determining causes of operating errors and deciding what to do about it.
- Able to perform tests and inspections of products, services or processes to evaluate quality or performance.
- Able to install equipment, machines, wiring, or programs to meet specifications
- Ability to control operations of equipment or systems
- Ability to use logic and reasoning to identify the strengths and weaknesses of alternative solutions, conclusions, or approaches to problems.
- Able to monitor gauges, dials or other indicators to make sure a machine is working properly.
Benefits that make life better
- Two years Gulfstream maintenance experience (any model GII through G550) preferred
- Two years equivalent corporate jet experience performing scheduled and unscheduled maintenance to include: 12/24/36/72-month inspections
- Competitive Wages (Pay for Performance)
- Comprehensive Healthcare
- 401(k) with 100% company match; up to 5% vested
- Paid Time Off Starting on Day One
- Bonus Opportunities
- Education Reimbursement
- Health & Dependent Care Flexible Spending Accounts
- Short- & Long-Term Disability
- Life & AD&D Insurance
- Learning & Training Opportunities
- Paid Relocation
- Retirement Savings Plan
- Safety Focused Culture
- Refer & Earn Program ($1,000 referral bonus)
- WesternJet Career Academy
$33-45 per hour based on experienceAbout Us
When you work at StandardAero, you're not just an employee, you're part of a vibrant company of like-minded people, all working collaboratively towards the same goals. We succeed as a team because we value the unique contributions and perspectives of all of our people, fostering a culture of collaboration and excellence. It's a culture that promotes mutual respect and effective communications to create an environment of stability, shaping the organization and forging a successful future. Our goal is to be the best place to work, giving each and every employee the opportunity to reach their maximum potential through continuous learning and advancement opportunities, allowing all team members to exceed their potential and empower everyone's success.
StandardAero is one of the world's largest independent providers of services, including engine and airframe maintenance, repair and overhaul, engine component repair, engineering services, interior completions and paint applications. The company is a global enterprise that employs nearly 7,000 employees worldwide with annual revenues exceeding $4 billion. StandardAero serves a diverse array of customers in business and general aviation, airline, military, helicopter, components and energy markets. The company celebrated its 100th year of industry leadership in 2011.
StandardAero is owned by Carlyle, a global investment firm with deep industry expertise that deploys private capital across four business segments: Corporate Private Equity, Real Assets, Global Credit and Investment Solutions.Raising the Standard of Excellence since 1911
With over a century of proven excellence, StandardAero has become an industry leader in MRO services and customized solutions in the aerospace field. Our shared values and learning-based culture inspire our team to exceed their potential and power our customers' missions worldwide. With on-the-job training, advancement opportunities, and excellent benefits, StandardAero invites you to experience a fulfilling and meaningful career with us.Inclusivity Is Our Standard
StandardAero offers equal employment opportunities for all. Our supportive environment celebrates diversity with no room for harassment or discrimination of any kind. We invite you to bring your authentic self to our team and experience our welcoming culture.