Apply for this job now
Benefits Coordinator, General Surgery
- Puyallup, Washington
- Job Type
- 19 May 2023
Apply for this job now
Proliance Surgeons is one of the largest surgical practices in the country, with over 450 providers including over 200 board-certified physicians providing treatment at more than 100 care centers in Washington State.
At Proliance, our patients come from all walks of life and so do we. We hire, develop and engage great people from a wide variety of backgrounds and encourage growth and development to make our organization a great place to work. We draw on the differences in who we are, what we've experienced, and how we think to create Exceptional Outcomes, Personally Delivered.
We are proud to offer a comprehensive and competitive benefit and pay package including health coverage, 401k with match and profit share, PTO and more! Check out our main career site for more details at
Be Part of Who We Are!
Key Duties and Responsibilities
• 1+ year of medical insurance verification and pre-certification
• Familiarity with online insurance verification of deductibles and co-insurance calculations
Duties will include, but not be limited to:
• Daily verification of patient insurance for upcoming procedures and obtaining surgery authorizations
• Daily verification of accurate demographic information
• Communication with surgery schedulers & physicians regarding status of patient eligibility and any insurance changes
• Patient communications including explanation of benefits and collection of payments
• Handling of patient's financial matters including pre/post-surgical debts and payment plans
• Providing assistance to Practice Manager as needed
Must be detail-oriented, highly accurate, and able to handle a fast-paced environment. Must have the ability to multi-task, work under pressure, and provide expert level support to all staff, patients, and referring physician offices with a friendly, professional demeanor, and appearance.
Hours: Monday-Friday 8:00 am - 4 :30 pm (40 hours per week)
Experience: Prefer 1+ years of medical insurance verification and pre-certification
High School diploma required
Hours: Monday-Friday from 8:30am to 5:00 (hours could vary)
Salary: Competitive Wages; DOE
Work Environment/Physical Demands
The work environment/physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an associate to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Some bending and stretching required. Use of telephone is required.
Manual dexterity required for use of computer keyboard.
Occasionally lifts and carries items weighing up to 25 pounds. Requires working under stressful conditions or working irregular hours.
This description is intended to describe the essential job functions, the general supplemental functions and the essential requirements for the performance of this job. It is not an exhaustive list of all duties, responsibilities and requirements of a person so classified. Other functions may be assigned and management retains the right to add or change the duties at any time.
- Job Reference: 1010176231-2
- Date Posted: 19 May 2023
- Recruiter: Proliance Surgeons, Inc.
- Location: Puyallup, Washington
- Salary: On Application
- Sector: Healthcare & Medical
- Job Type: Permanent