Apply for this job now
CANS Assessment Specialists
- Wilmington, Ohio
- Job Type
- 19 May 2023
Apply for this job now
CANS Assessment Specialists - Clinton and surrounding counties.
Ready to join a growing company whose work profoundly impacts people's lives in their community, who offers an excellent learning environment, opportunities to advance and the ability to work alongside talented business leaders/professionals? CareStar, Inc. is currently seeking a CANS Assessment Specialists who will conduct in-person eligibility evaluations for individuals applying for specific programs and create person-centered service plans. Specialists will assist children and their families in gaining access to needed services, as well as medical, social, educational, and other resources, regardless of funding source.
CareStar is looking for motivated individuals who:
• Possess a Bachelor's Degree or Associate's Degree in social work, counseling, psychology, or a related field.
• Have experience working with youth, and their families, who meet a functional need for behavioral healthcare.
• Have knowledge of issues affecting individuals served and community-based interventions/resources for those individuals (e.g., Social Determinants of Health, etc.).
• Have effective interpersonal (oral and written) skills to interact professionally and ethically with all age groups from a diverse population, including differing intellectual, cultural, ethnic, psychosocial and socio-economic backgrounds.
• Have the ability to utilize critical thinking and independent judgment, along with multiple points of data/input to identify issues, develop solutions, and exercise judgment to meet requirements.
• Are familiar with suite of Microsoft Office programs.
• Possesses a valid driver's license and car insurance as required by State law.
• Adheres to the CareStar Rule in performance of job responsibilities.
• Understands and complies with CareStar Policies and Procedures.
• Maintains confidentiality as related to patient information. Any disclosures of confidential information made unlawfully outside the proper course of duty will be treated as a serious disciplinary offense.
• Follows the Acceptable Use Policy while using any information systems owned or controlled by CareStar, Inc.
These positions are open in Clinton County and could be responsible for covering adjacent counties.
CareStar was founded in 1988 in Cincinnati, Ohio with the mission to Improve Communities by Improving Lives. We continue to be an industry leader in the field of Long-Term Care Case Management, Assessment, Population Health Management and Innovative Software Development Solutions.
WHY YOU SHOULD APPLY
• Remote working opportunities.
• Competitive salary based upon experience, education and knowledge.
• Comprehensive benefits package with medical, dental, vision, and life-insurance.
• 401(k) with a generous Safe Harbor company matching contribution.
• Paid vacations and 10 holidays per year.
Come be part of a team that values and challenges you! If these responsibilities, qualifications and benefits catch your interest, apply today at CareStar's Career page at
- Job Reference: 1010170410-2
- Date Posted: 19 May 2023
- Recruiter: CareStar, Inc.
- Location: Wilmington, Ohio
- Salary: On Application
- Sector: Healthcare & Medical
- Job Type: Permanent