To save time applying, Hormel Foods does not offer sponsorship of job applicants for employment-based visas for this position at this time.
ABOUT HORMEL FOODS - Inspired People. Inspired Food.
Hormel Foods Corporation, based in Austin, Minn., is a global branded food company with over $11 billion in annual revenues across 75 countries worldwide. Its brands include Planters®, SKIPPY®, SPAM®, Hormel® Natural Choice®, Applegate®, Justin's®, Columbus®, Wholly®, Hormel® Black Label® and more than 30 other beloved brands. The company is a member of the S&P 500 Index and the S&P 500 Dividend Aristocrats, was named on the Global 2000 World's Best Employers list by Forbes magazine for three years, is one of Fortune magazine's most admired companies, has appeared on Corporate Responsibility Magazine's The 100 Best Corporate Citizens list for the 12 years, and has received numerous other awards and accolades for its corporate responsibility and community service efforts. The company lives by its purpose statement - Inspired People. Inspired Food. - to bring some of the world's most trusted and iconic brands to tables across the globe. For more information, visit and .
- Provides periodic and ad-hoc reporting based on issues discovered in the regular reporting that digs deep into markets and products issues with solid recommendations. Monthly delivery of actionable (actionable=answer the so what + action) tracking reports to include but not limited to:
- a. assortment optimization
- b. new items and their volume transfer
- c. market share
- d. shelving, aisle tests & new strategies
- e. Pricing and promotions
- f. ROM and key competitor performance.
- Annually develops and presents a strategic business plan based on a "best in class" focused on growth the category with Hormel Brands. Works with and drives the process with category management leaders, marketing and the consumer insights group to review all available resources, document voids/opportunities, create action plans to fill voids/drive opportunities where possible, filter them, condense & format them into category defining guidance. Communicates to key customers in the strategic business assessment (using BIC templates and being adaptive to what will lead thought with the customer) strategic solutions that will contribute to category growth.
- Is responsible for competitive and marketplace intelligence, analysis and reporting. This would include share gap reporting, price gap reporting, and market visits that determine competitive retailer strategies and tactics. Is responsible to develop and utilize the category management insights, to generate business development strategies and tactics, and help drive Hormel's overall brand development. Is responsible for helping develop strategies that will further penetrate the customer's organization.
- Provide category management talent development for direct report(s) and will need to effectively provide coaching and mentoring for new employees.
- A bachelor's degree or equivalent experience.
- Minimum of 2 years of sales/marketing/sales strategy experience.
- A pattern of initiative and independent leadership.
- Strong skills using technical tools such as Excel, IRi, Panel, customer POS, Nielsen ASO, etc.
- Proven problem solving and decision-making skills.
- The ability to take the lead in a team environment on a variety of complex projects.
- Well-developed interpersonal, organizational, and analytical skills.
- Well-developed written and verbal communication skills and presentation skills.
- Must be a Citizen or National of the United States, a lawful, permanent resident, or have authorization to work in the United States
- Applicants must not now, or any time in the future, require sponsorship for an employment visa
- Minimum 3 years of sales/marketing/sales strategy experience.
- Category Management experience
- Previous experience with Kroger and/or Market 6/84.51 a plus.
Preferred location: Cincinnati, OH
BENEFITS: Hormel Foods offers an excellent benefits package. Competitive wages, annual merit increase performance reviews, medical, dental, vision, 401(k), stock purchase plan, pension, paid vacation.
For immediate consideration, send apply online at:
At Hormel we invite difference and diversity in all aspects. We offer a space of support, understanding, and community. We are committed to the journey! Learn more about our progress here:
Hormel Foods Corporation is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, age, religion, gender, gender orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or veteran status.