Apply for this job now
Central Intake Coordinator
- Brooklyn, New York
- USD33,000 to USD37,000
- Job Type
- 19 May 2023
Apply for this job now
Title: Central Intake Coordinator
Functional Unit: Operations
Location: Brooklyn & Manhattan
For our Medicated Assisted Treatment Programs, the Central Intake Coordinator will be ensuring that potential patients are eligible for care and their data is managed/stored properly and accurately in our electronic record systems. The position involves communication, customer service, data entry, and time management skills.
• Document calls received in Electronic Health Record (EHR) system
• Conduct initial intakes to ensure eligibility of potential patients
• Obtain medical histories and personal information of new patients
• Verify insurance for each new patient
• Update medical records of existing patients
• Review documents for accuracy and completeness of patient records in EHR
• Prepare new patient paperwork
• Orient potential patients to START treatment services and answer preliminary questions
• Assist with managed care and billing as needed
• Escalate calls to supervisor, Behavioral Health, or Medical, as necessary
• Associate degree required /Bachelor's degree highly preferred. (Related experience will be considered in lieu college degree)
• At least one year (1) of experience working in the healthcare industry
• Prior experience in related mental health, substance abuse or social services agency is a plus
• Superior Customer Services skills
• Proficient in Microsoft Office, Internet Use, and phone systems
• Knowledge of/Experience with Electronic Health Record systems a plus
• General understanding of medical terminology
• Must be able to work independently
• Knowledge of insurance (Medicare, Medicaid, Managed Care, Third Party Payers)
• At least on year of (1) of customer service
• Must possess good organizational and interpersonal skills and have adequate knowledge of office equipment.
• Bilingual in another language is preferred / Fluency in Spanish is a plus.
These physical demands are representative of the physical requirements necessary for an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of the Central Intake Coordinator job. Reasonable accommodation can be made to enable people with disabilities to perform the described essential functions of the position.While performing the responsibilities of the Central Intake Coordinator job, the employee is required to talk and hear. The employee is often required to sit and use his or her hands and fingers, to handle or feel. The employee is occasionally required to stand, walk, reach with arms and hands, climb or balance, and to stoop, kneel, crouch or crawl. Vision abilities required by this job include close vision.
Our Benefits are as follows:
Vacation, personal, and sick leave
Medical, dental, vision plans
Pension & retirement plan
Short & long-term disability
Student Loan Forgiveness Programs
Public Service Loan Forgiveness
National Health Service Corp Loan Repayment
Limitations and Disclaimer
The above job description is meant to describe the general nature and level of work being performed; it is not intended to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties and skills required for the position.
START is an equal-opportunity employer. We value a diverse workforce and an inclusive culture. START encourages applications from all qualified individuals without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, national origin, marital status, citizenship, disability, and veteran status.
START undertakes affirmative action strategies in its recruitment and employment efforts to assure that persons with disabilities have full opportunities for employment in all positions.
We encourage applicants with disabilities who may need accommodations in the application process to contact: engagement at startny.org Correspondence sent to this email address that is not related to requests for accommodations will not be reviewed. Applicants should follow the instructions above regarding how to apply.
- Job Reference: 1010174691-2
- Date Posted: 19 May 2023
- Recruiter: START Treatment and Recovery Centers
- Location: Brooklyn, New York
- Salary: USD33,000 to USD37,000
- Sector: Healthcare & Medical
- Job Type: Permanent