Come Join our team
Are you ready to join a diverse, high-energy, fast-growing healthcare company? Join Panoramic Health! We are looking for an experienced Certified Medical Assistant - Care Coordinator.
Who We Are and Why We're Different
At Panoramic Health, our priority is healthy patients. We deliver better outcomes for patients and lower costs for everyone. We are the only value-based kidney care platform led by physicians, which uniquely qualifies us to care for patients holistically. We keep patients healthier longer - at home and out of the hospital. Our mission is to improve outcomes for patients by slowing disease progression and improving quality of life. We do this by putting nephrologists at the center of care and continuing to build on our data, analytics, and deep understanding of kidney care. This role from time to time will travel to clinics and patient homes to complete patient home visits as part of our Circle of Care Team. Mileage will be reimbursed.
The Patient Care Coordinator's primary responsibilities center around establishing trusting, supportive, collaborative relationships with patients and their families assisting them with enrollment and education of the Circle of Care plan in order to attempt to slow down the progression of chronic kidney disease and help prevent hospitalizations. CMA Care Coordinators work alongside physicians, advance practice providers, and other nephrology care team members in a collaborative, empathetic fashion to build these patient relationships. Certified Medical Assistant Care Coordinators drive communication with the entire care team to facilitate and organize appropriate patient education, nutrition, vascular access, and transplant referrals. Our Certified Medical Assistant Care Coordinators are highly valued in our organization, as they are the heart and glue at the core of our success!
• Patient enrollment into the Circle of Care Program.
• Educate the patient regarding the benefits of the program.
• Develop realistic goals for the patient to succeed in and monitoring them.
• Create, review, and revise the nephrology patient's plan of care.
• Documentation of the patient's lab values, vitals, blood results, diet/nutrition, etc.
• Facilitate customized care plans and guidelines for managing chronic conditions.
• Oversee patients progress with care plan goals acting as a patient advocate and information resource.
• Provide patients with education on chronic kidney disease (CKD) and other related illnesses.
• Outline a plan for healthy lifestyle choices and healthy behaviors important for optimal CKD management including, blood pressure and blood sugar control, weight management and appropriate exercise, smoking cessation, medication management, nutrition modifications, and compliance with medical appointments.
• Apply principles of personalized chronic care management, shared decision making and patient coaching.
• Daily review of hospital discharges to ensure new and established patients are scheduled for follow-up appointments.
• Completion of an accredited Medical Assistant program
• At least (2) two years of relevant medical assistant experience in a physician clinic with broad understanding of physician clinic operations.
• Software- Proficient in Internet Navigation, Microsoft Word, Outlook, EHR/EMR, (AthenaNet preferred)
• Nephrology clinic or dialysis experience (preferred)
• Comply with all HIPAA, OSHA, Compliance, and IT standards and policies.
Paid time off
The Company is committed to the principles of equal employment. We are committed to complying with all federal, state, and local laws providing equal employment opportunities, and all other employment laws and regulations. It is our intent to maintain a work environment which is free of harassment, discrimination, or retaliation because of age, race, color, national origin, ancestry, religion, sex, pregnancy (including childbirth, lactation and related medical conditions), physical or mental disability, genetic information (including testing and characteristics), veteran status, uniformed servicemember status, or any other status protected by federal, state, or local laws. The company is dedicated to the fulfillment of this policy in regard to all aspects of employment, including but not limited to recruiting, hiring, placement, transfer, training, promotion, rates of pay, and other compensation, termination, and all other terms, conditions, and privileges of employment