Clinical Pharmacist | Harpenden | Full or part time hours |Days only with occasional Saturday shifts| Oncology training, ongoing CPD and progression opportunities
Spire Harpenden Hospital has an exciting opportunity for an experienced Clinical Pharmacist to join our team on a full or part time basis. We provide a comprehensive pharmacy service within a hospital setting working with a variety of surgical patients. Our Pharmacists are not solely pharmacy based so you will have the opportunity to interact with patients to find out their pharmaceutical requirements, review medication history, current prescriptions and relevant clinical data.
We are committed to the development of our staff and have a clear pathway for CPD and specialist training. We are regularly broadening the range of clinical services we offer, which brings opportunities for our Pharmacists to advance their knowledge in treating different patient groups, conditions and treatments. We are pleased to be able to offer Oncology training to widen your skillset specifically for this position.
Spire Harpenden Hospital offers comprehensive private hospital services in a comfortable and relaxed environment to patients from London and its northern counties - Hertfordshire, Bedfordshire and Buckinghamshire. As the largest employer in Harpenden, the hospital prides itself in offering excellence in clinical quality, customer service and cleanliness. We have 5 state of the art Theatres and modern Surgical and Day Care Wards covering all major surgery, orthopaedics, gynaecology, plastics and medical patients amongst others.
Duties and responsibilities:
- All our clinical teams are focused on delivering personalized care, and our Pharmacists play a key role in treating patients with empathy and compassion
- You will provide advice and support to consultants, nurses and other clinicians ensuring the safe, appropriate and cost-effective use of medicines throughout the hospital
- Build strong working relationships with colleagues and consultants and to work together to improve patient outcomes
- Suggest new processes/new equipment to improve health outcomes and increase safety throughout the hospital
Who we're looking for:
- Pharmacists educated to degree level
- Current GPhC registration with a minimum of 1 year post qualifying practice in Hospital settings
- Someone who is looking for the challenge of delivering a comprehensive pharmacy service within a hospital setting
- Excellent communicator as you will interact with patients across various departments to find out their pharmaceutical requirements
We offer employees a competitive salary as well as a comprehensive benefits package which includes but is not limited to:
- 35 days annual leave inclusive of bank holidays
- Employer and employee contributory pension with flexible retirement options
- ‘Spire for you’ reward platform - discount and cashback for over 1000 retailers
- Free Bupa wellness screening
- Private medical insurance
- Life assurance
- Save an average of £50 per month with our free onsite car park
We commit to our employees well-being through work life balance, on-going development, support and reward.
Spire Healthcare is a leading independent hospital group that has been putting patients at the heart of everything we do for over 40 years. We have 39 hospitals and 8 clinics across England, Wales and Scotland.