Apply for this job now
- Minneapolis, Minnesota
- Job Type
- 19 May 2023
Apply for this job now
Job Title: Commercial Relationship Manager/Commercial Lender
Reports to: Chief Commercial Relationship Manager
Culture Vision Statement: Unity Bank strives to be an innovative bank that exceeds service excellence standards. Our culture is a caring collaborative environment where our communities and our employees matter to each of us. Those employees that are proactive, adaptable to change, and creative will be attracted to our growing organization.
General Summary: Responsible for demonstrating service excellence in accordance with Unity's Vision and Mission statements: Our mission is to help people achieve their dreams. Our vision: Be the bank that connects people: employees, customers, community. Our core values: respect, honesty & integrity, satisfaction and enjoyment.
The Commercial Relationship Manager is responsible for delivering exceptional service to customers. This will be accomplished by generating new business, deepening current relationships as well as maintaining and servicing an existing portfolio. The Commercial Relationship Manager will work collaboratively with retail personnel to help create a productive, team-oriented work environment that will lead to customer excellence and cross-servicing opportunities.
This position will participate in the continuing evolution of Unity Bank including participating in a service/sales environment and fostering the adoption of new technologies and methodologies to improve customer experience.
Primary job functions:
• Develops new business for the bank by diligently asking for referrals and prospective client contact information from Centers of Influence and existing customers.
• Utilizes professional judgement to determine which potential borrowers represent good risk opportunities for the Bank.
• Maximizes the bank's profitability through appropriate pricing on new loan originations and renewals, fee income and selling of all bank products and services. This would include negotiating terms and structure and presenting credit for approval to appropriate levels of authority within the bank.
• Proactively engages in the Bank's sales management/performance process (pre-call plans, lead management, sales meetings, check-ins, coaching, etc.)
• Minimizes loan losses and exceptions through effective documentation, underwriting, timeliness of renewals and collection efforts, and relationship building.
• Responsible for managing delinquencies, work-outs, collections and foreclosure activities and will work with the Chief Credit Officer on larger credits, as required.
• Works collaboratively with loan operations, credit analyst and other support to collect all pertinent information required for the loan presentation and to monitor the existing portfolio.
• Acquires and maintains knowledge of regulatory, compliance, and internal audit/control requirements for the Personal Banker role. This would include completing all required training, assigned, in a timely manner, related to the job function.
Benefits: 401(k), 401(k) matching, Dental insurance, Disability insurance, Employee assistance program, Health insurance, Health savings account, Life insurance, Paid time off, Vision insurance.
Working Conditions: Bank/office environment, secure, comfortable working conditions. Will be required to travel to meet with customers, and/or visit other branch offices, and other facilities.
Unity Bank is an Equal Opportunity Employer
- Job Reference: 1010170257-2
- Date Posted: 19 May 2023
- Recruiter: Unity Bank
- Location: Minneapolis, Minnesota
- Salary: On Application
- Sector: Accounting
- Job Type: Permanent