Communications Advisor, Archaea Energy, a bp Company, U.S. - Job Description
About the opportunity
bp's Archaea Energy, is one of the largest and fastest-growing renewable natural gas ( RNG ) producers in the U.S., with an industry-leading RNG platform and expertise in developing, constructing, and operating RNG facilities to capture waste emissions and convert them into low carbon energy.
We are seeking a Communications Advisor to be based in our Houston, Texas, office.
Under the direction of the Chief Communications and External Affairs Officer, this person will be responsible for writing internal and external communications, event planning, content creation, and providing strategic communications counsel across various teams at Archaea to advance business objectives.
This role will support communications for Archaea's broader business interests and advocacy efforts in the U.S. The successful candidate will be comfortable in a fast-paced, deadline-oriented environment, and should have experience writing for a range of audiences and managing multiple projects/assignments at the same time.
- Communications advisor: Provide strategic counsel to Archaea teams on internal and external communications including messaging, delivery, and methods to engage stakeholders.
- Strategic planning: Help support the development and execution of integrated communications and external affairs plans working collaboratively across multiple teams at Archaea and bp America.
- Message development/content creation: This person will develop factual and consistent messages aligned with Archaea and bp's broader strategic objectives for use in media inquiries, talking points, Q&As, social content, press releases, event briefs and speeches.
- Support event planning and execution: Participate in event creation, attend site visits and on-site rehearsals as required. Support the delivery of all event content to designated audiences via designated channels.
- Communications collaborator: Work in collaboration with teams across Archaea and bp, both within the business and within communications & external affairs, to provide support for special projects and campaigns specifically in the biogas space.
Experience and Expertise
- Strong writer with a consistent track record in using internal and external communication channels.
- Strong communicator with excellent analytical abilities and attention to detail.
- Energetic self-starter who can work multiple projects for multiple audiences and can adapt to a fluid and fast-paced environment.
- Proactive, curious and courageous, you will be willing to experiment, learn and continuously adapt.
- High level of energy and passion toward new and evolving challenges and able to prioritize and respond to dynamic situations.
- Bachelor's degree.
- 5-7 years experience in public relations, event planning/project management and corporate communications.
Up to 30% travel should be expected with this role.
This role is not eligible for relocation.
Archaea's approach to the workplace, combines time in the office with time at home. We have a flexible approach with approximately 60% time in the office and 40% of employees' time working remotely.
Archaea Energy is a bp company. bp is an equal employment opportunity and affirmative action employer. View our policy statement.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status.
If you are a US-based applicant or you are applying to a position in the US and you are an individual with disability or a disabled veteran, and would like any type of assistance to apply or to access or to attend any recruitment or selection event, system or process, we would like to help you to ensure that your application process goes as smoothly as possible. If you need assistance, information or answers to your questions, feel free to contact us or have any of your representatives contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
The U.S. Equal Employment Opportunity Commission (EEOC) enforces Federal laws that protect you from discrimination in employment. If you believe you've been discriminated against at work or in applying for a job, the EEOC may be able to help. Read the Know Your Rights poster or visit the EEOC website for more information.
Archaea is an EOE/Minorities/Females/Vet/Disabled employer
bp's EEO/AAP policy: .pdf