Position: On-site HOA Community Manager - Regents La Jolla HOA
Applications that do not include a resume and cover letter will not be considered.
4-year College Degree
Must have AMS
Must have at least 5 years direct HOA experience in California
Must have people management experience
If necessary, willing to relocate within 30-minute drive of Regents La Jolla
Responsible for the management of 574-unit high end HOA condominium community.
Accountable for financial, governance, and resident life aspects of the community by implementing and adhering to the approved strategic plan at the direction of the Principal.
Schedule: Sunday to Thursday 9:30 a.m. - 6:30 p.m.
Office hours are 10:00 a.m. - 6:00 p.m. every day.
Wages & Benefits:
Starting salary $75,000-95,000/yearly depending on experience and certifications.
- Sign-on bonus of $5,000: $2,5000 to be paid at 90 days pending positive 90-day review and remainder to be paid at 1-year anniversary
- Continued education in CAI paid for by Bayview Property Management (expect salary increases dependent on certifications earned).
Medical: 75% coverage for yourself; dependents and spouse may be added to company plan but 100% of the cost to be covered by the employee.
Sick Leave: 6 days
Holidays: 5 scheduled holidays (Memorial Day, Independence Day, Labor Day, Thanksgiving Day, New Year's Day) and 1 floating holiday which you may take at your discretion with approval
Phone Reimbursement: $25 per month
Vacation: 5 days after first year, 1 additional day added after each year worked
Unpaid: 5 unpaid days after probationary period completion
401K: Up to 3% matching 401K retirement plan after 1 year of service
Excellent in Microsoft Office especially Word, Excel, and Outlook
Excellent in database use
Excellent writing skills
Excellent customer service
Excellent team management
Excellent phone skills
Excellent time management
Knowledge and practical use of the Davis-Stirling Act
Advanced in Microsoft Office especially Word, Excel, and Outlook
Experience with Village Management Software (VMS)
- Communications regarding governance, maintenance, amenities, schedule, owner responsibility, etc.
- Positive, professional, and transparent communication with all owners, tenants, and property managers
- Answering after-hours calls 24/7 from answering service unless on vacation
Legal & Risk Management
- Maintain community insurance, negotiate best policy
- Confer with legal counsel on community governance
- Prepare and create contracts for projects over five thousand dollars
- Perform compliance inspections and send notices per community's governing documents
- Organize and facilitate community elections
- Develop and enforce new rules and regulations (in conjunction with legal counsel)
- Prepare for and lead Board meetings:
- Create agendas, Board packets, and management report
- Draft minutes
- Ensure action items are scheduled and completed
- Review and approve architectural requests
- Approve invoices
- Review monthly financials and prepare variance report
- Draft annual budget
- Ensure adherence to approved budget
- Review reserve study
- Manage resident life vendors:
- Procure, review, and summarize bids for projects
- Approve quotes
- Review vendor insurance, licenses, and certifications
- Review and schedule regular vendors and project vendors
- Evaluate all vendor work completed on community
- Community Inspections
- Ensure front desk coverage
- Direct manage part-time Concierge
- Direct manage Administrative Assistant
- Matrix manage Assistant Community Manager
- Communicate and schedule alongside maintenance manager and maintenance team
- Host community events (occasionally outside of office hours)
- Train employees and create SOPs for new processes