Contract & Pricing Analyst
Reports to: Director
FLSA Status: Exempt
The Contract & Pricing Analyst will be responsible for managing contract pricing and other contractual requirements for vendor and customer pricing. Must have experience in working with GPO, local and multi-tiered pricing agreements and verifying customer eligibility. Works extensively with computer programs for work production. Will work in a project management environment and must have the ability to support multiple projects concurrently. Assures data accuracy by creating and maintaining a data integrity process. Responds to pricing inquiries, responds to processing orders queries, and handles complaints in a prompt, courteous, and effective manner. The Contract & Pricing Analyst must be Excel Intermediate, proficient in V-Look Ups.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
Includes the following: (Other duties may be assigned.)
1. Ensures that customer pricing contracts are correctly loaded into Elite and retained according to audit/compliance policies. Communicates and coordinates contract pricing updates with customers to ensure pricing alignment.
2. Responsible for creating custom reports to support the needs of the internal team.
3. Audits and ensures customer is attached to all appropriate national (Group Purchasing Order) contracts. Works with GPO Contract Administrators as needed.
4. Researches and resolves complex pricing issues. Resolution may involve direct contact with the customer and DCI Leadership Team. Determines the action required and ensures the correct team takes the appropriate action.
5. Reduces the number of price discrepancies between DCI and the customer by reviewing GHX and confirmation pricing exceptions to assess and resolve pricing differences; holds and reprices orders to ensure pricing accuracy where needed.
6. Monitors and processes contracts via both Excel Spreadsheets and EDI transmitted transaction sets (Electronic Database Interchange) networks. Ie: 832 Price Catalog , 845 Price Authorization Acknowledgments
7. Works proactively to notify appropriate teams of contracts due to expire. Reviews expiring contract reports and requests renewals from vendor or manufacturing representatives. Requests approval for contract amendments/extensions.
8. Researches and prepares pricing credits due to pricing issues. Works with the Customer Service team to ensure they have the information needed to apply credits and to eliminate duplicate credits to the customer.
9. Responds to Accounts Payable on any pricing discrepancies on the invoices.
10. Responds to inquiries from vendors regarding customer contract pricing specifications and related issues.
11. Maintains knowledge of DCI pricing systems and processes used to support customer pricing.
12. Participates in the implementation of contract pricing on new customer conversions and existing customer supplier & GPO conversions. May also participate in projects to compare pricing and track changes that occur during these conversions.
13. Secures all supporting documentation for awarded contracts and maintains appropriate files.
14. Researches and resolves short pays due to pricing issues.
15. Works closely with Customer Service and customers to ensure customer price file is accurate and DCI contracts are up to date and loaded accurately.
16. Will require extensive knowledge of company's pricing policies and practices.
17. Works with the teams to convert vendors to chargebacks.
18. Serves as a back-up to the Chargeback Analyst.
19. Demonstrates an understanding of the sensitive nature of the work and the importance of confidentiality as outline in policy and as dictated by the nature of the job.
20. Performs all other duties as assigned.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skills, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Education and/or Experience, Skills and Abilities
Experience in a health care industry is preferred with a minimum of three years' experience as a Contract & Pricing Analyst. Experience with report query software and Microsoft Access and Excel required. Bachelor's degree in business administration, industrial engineering, or other related field required. Must have the ability to make decisions in a fast-paced environment and be able to work with minimal supervision. Requires excellent organizational skills and written and verbal communication skills.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to stand, sit and talk or hear. The employee is frequently required to walk; use hands to finger, handle, or feel; reach with hands and arms and climb or balance. The employee is occasionally required to stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl. The employee must regularly lift and/or move up to 10 pounds and occasionally lift and/or move up to 25 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and ability to adjust focus.
The work environment is a typical office environment.
Job Type: Full-time
- 401(k) matching
- Dental insurance
- Employee assistance program
- Employee discount
- Flexible spending account
- Health insurance
- Health savings account
- Life insurance
- Paid time off
- Tuition reimbursement
- Vision insurance
- 8 hour shift
- Monday to Friday
Ability to commute/relocate:
- Mcdonough, GA 30253: Reliably commute or planning to relocate before starting work (Required)
- Pricing Analyst: 3 years (Required)
- Contract Analyst: 3 years (Required)
- report query software: 2 years (Required)
- Microsoft Access: 2 years (Required)
- Microsoft Excel: 2 years (Required)
Work Location: In person