OPTIMAL CARE FOR THE SERIOUSY ILL
When Airmen or their families are suffering from severe medical conditions or injuries, it's imperative they get comprehensive care. Responsible for executing complex, intensive nursing care, Critical Care Nurses provide the immediate treatment needed in severe situations. An important position wherever they're located, the quick and expert actions of these skilled nurses can make the difference when it comes to saving a person's life.
Bachelor's or master's degree in nursing from a school accredited by the NLN or CCNE
- Knowledge of principles and practices of nursing is mandatory
- Minimum of 12 months full-time nursing practice
- Encouraged to use six of those months practicing the Critical Care Nurse specialty
- Completion of 5.5-week Officer Training School course
- Must be between the ages of 18 and 47