Hours: Monday-Friday, daylight. 4 10-hour shifts per week
Location: Altoona, PA
Specifics: This office operates in a busy academic environment with students and residents rotating throughout the year.
What Can You Bring ?
- Provide patient care activities for a group of patients and their families through the application of independent judgment, communication, and collaboration with all team members.
- Establish and maintain collaborative relationships with physicians, other health care providers, patients, and their families, to achieve desired patient outcomes throughout the continuum of care.
- Demonstrate a commitment to the community and to your health care profession
What We Do for You?
- A career path that provides you with the right experience to be successful in the position you want to obtain now and, in the future
- Health and welfare benefits like medical, vision, dental, and life and disability, and an exceptional retirement program
- Work life balance to help manage other important aspects of your life such as: PTO, wellness programs, paid parental leave
- Competitive pay for the work that you do base pay, merit, and premium pay
- Sign-on Bonus available if applicable
The MD is responsible to set the standards for the level and quality of care. The MD has responsibility, authority, and accountability for the provision of care through supervision by and collaboration with a physician. The role of the MD encompasses the beginnings of leadership, partnership, collaboration, and supervision.
The successful candidate will be placed according to years and months of experience for employment purposes.
- Applies basic professional practice knowledge and skills appropriate for practice setting. Communicates effectively, both verbally and in documentation. Demonstrates critical thinking in all areas of professional practice. Learns to incorporate acceptable standards of professional practice as well as business unit and health system s goals to improve patient safety, quality, and satisfaction. Formulates a plan of care that considers individual patient needs. Demonstrates initiative and seeks formal and informal opportunities to improve clinical practice. Seeks guidance and asks questions to continuously improve professional practice. Builds relationships with patients, families, and colleagues. Identifies ethical situations within patient care or within the workplace and seeks assistance. Professionally accepts assignments that gradually increase patient load and complexity.
- Actively engages in clinical development of all members of the healthcare team. Requests opportunities to learn advanced professional practice techniques from senior healthcare team members. Seeks, accepts, and utilizes performance feedback from peers, preceptors, and unit/department Leaders as a learning opportunity and to improve practice. Demonstrates enthusiasm for continuous learning and identifies and creates a plan for the continuation of learning and development. Identifies patient and family needs for education and provides basic education to support the episode of care. Seeks professional development and involvement through membership in a professional organization and/or reading professional literature on a regular basis.
- Demonstrates a basic knowledge of research, how it affects practice and who/what resources are available to assist with evidence-based practice by asking questions, demonstrating interest, participating in journal clubs. Clinical practice demonstrates knowledge of how quality and innovation impacts patient satisfaction, safety, and clinical quality outcomes. Identifies opportunities for improvement in the clinical area.
- Demonstrates the ability to communicate clearly and effectively with all members of the health care team. Begins to demonstrate awareness of cultural diversity, horizontal violence, and impairment in the health professions. Cares for patients and self by supporting safety in the workplace.
- Demonstrates accountability for professional development that improves the quality of professional practice and the quality of patient care. Makes recommendations for the improvement of clinical care and the health of the workplace and welcomes and participates in change initiatives. Leads by investing and building healthy relationships among colleagues and other disciplines. Shows the ability to set priorities. Begins to serve as an engaged member of a team supporting colleagues in service to patients and families and may participate in task forces or other initiatives.