Are you interested in looking for an opportunity to further your experience in the behavioral health care field? Are you looking for a supportive environment that offers you the ability to make a significant impact on people's lives?
If you answered YES to these questions, consider joining our Devereux Advanced Behavioral Health team!
Being a Direct Support Professional II has its Advantages!
As a Direct Support Professional II at Devereux, you will work with other dedicated professionals who share your passion for helping individuals in need.
- Up to a $1000 Sign on BONUS! ($500 for Part Time positions)
- Opportunities to learn and develop professionally in the behavioral health field
- A fun, fast-paced, and supportive environment where you can participate in the treatment planning process
- Flexible schedules that work with school and family commitments
- Quality Low-Cost Benefits after 30 days of hire, including medical and dental, plus student loan debt assistance and tuition reimbursement (learn more at )
Devereux Advanced Behavioral Health is one of the largest and most advanced behavioral healthcare organizations in the country. Nestled near the beaches between the Pacific Coast and Santa Ynez mountains, Devereux California is a therapeutic behavioral health treatment facility offering residential services, community living, day programs, and clinical services for adults with multiple diagnoses, including autistic spectrum disorders, emotional and/or behavioral differences, intellectual and developmental disabilities, dementia and other cognitive disorders. Located in Santa Barbara, CA, this position is responsible for ensuring the safety of our individuals, while supporting them with self-help skills designed to encourage independence.
Responsibilities of the Direct Support Professional II include, but are not limited to:
- Utilizing positive reinforcement and antecedent manipulation to increase appropriate behaviors
- Assisting and supporting in the planning, implementation, and documentation of programs designed to meet the social, emotional, physical, and personal needs of our individuals
- Assisting, instructing, and supporting our individuals with daily living activities, including cooking, cleaning, budgeting, bill pay, grocery shopping, and personal hygiene
- Accompanying our individuals on community outings, medical appointments, and other activities, as directed
- Must be willing to work with individuals who may exhibit challenging and/or aggressive behaviors
- Must have comfort assisting with hygiene care
Overnights: 10pm-6am (comes with an added $1 Shift Differential)
One weekend shift per week required
Keywords: hiring immediately, overnight shift, direct care staff, caregiver, social services, behavioral health, developmental disabilities, intellectual disabilities, direct support professional, behavioral interventionist