Director of Association Accounting & Support
Base Compensation: $100K - $120K Based on Experience
Benefits: Medical, Vison, Dental, 401(k), STD, car, cell, gas allowance
Is This You?
If you're a Certified Accountant and responsible for the oversight of the financial, accounting and reporting functions, and are motivated to provide direct supervision of the Association Accounting operation in compliance with contractual obligations, GAAP and Florida statutory requirements. We would love to talk to you about a position in accounting, directing the activities of community association Board Members and Lead a team of qualified accounting professionals to deliver services timely and accurately in key functional areas with a strong focus on operational business partnership and support.
The Good News
A job in accounting (Director of Associations Accounting & Support) with us includes compensation, medical insurance, car, cell, gas allowance, amazing culture, coaching, and an opportunity to be part of a fast-growing organization. We don't believe in the concept of sink or swim, your Co-founder, and the CEO, will provide you with the tools to help you succeed.
Leading and guiding strategies, address conflict, face challenges, delegate, and mentor others, hard work, getting outside of your comfort zone, frustration that comes with growth, the politics that comes with community association management, and pressure to perform by honoring your word.
To succeed in this job, you must:
- Lead team of qualified accounting professionals to deliver services timely and accurately in key functional areas with a strong focus on operational business partnership and support.
- Participate in personal career development, participates in software training and seminars as applicable for this position.
- Ensure timely and accurate delivery of scheduled association financial statements and reporting.
- Enforcement of all collection polices creating the necessary funding requirements for all properties, and accuracy of all membership related information
- Provide the necessary follow thorough to ensure proper filing of associations Complication, Review or Audits.
- Efficient processing of all invoices and cash disbursements ensuring timely payments to vendors for all properties.
- Ensure the establishment of and adherence to internal controls and segregation of duties that prevent financial risk and fraud.
- Driven by the numbers and documenting the data (CRM)
- Developing strategic partnerships which will help feed your pipeline.
- Staying on top of your targets and developing strategies to get in front of them.
- Digging for the root cause of a problem to determine if we have a solution for them.
Must have a bachelor's degree in accounting, business administration or a related field. CPA required.
Excellent project management, interpersonal and leadership skills
Advanced knowledge of MS office (Excel, Word & Outlook) required.
Able to travel (Tri-County) to Board Meetings 15% of time as required.
Understanding of VMS &/or AvidXchange preferred.
- Must share EOS Vision and Core Values
- A visionary who can work with Ownership, the Leadership Team, Board Members, leaders in the association profession, and staff to evaluate situations, develop and communicate plans, and execute them successfully.
- Understands the importance of creating efficiency in order to support the growth plans of the organization.
- A strategic leader who is driven by quality and a service ethic for the Association's we serve.
- An excellent oral and written communicator, able to listen to a wide range of Board Members, staff members, integrate key points, and share insights and recommendations.
- An expert problem-solver who can develop processes that address issues, create innovative design solutions, manage resources, and lead change initiatives.
- A highly effective relationship manager with senior leadership, Board of Directors, vendors, and other key players in the market. Well versed in Common Interest Realty Associations accounting methodology and possess a working knowledge of related Florida statutory laws and requirements to monitor compliance and counsel team members.
- Proven experience in association management / hospitality and/or business development roles
- Must have an established network of strategic personal and professional contacts within our industry
Who we are
Affinity Management Services is a community association management company serving South Florida communities. Through a proven process of discovery, education, and assessment, Affinity provides training and expert financial guidance to its associations, resulting in an elevated well-run community. Board members will feel supported by solutions that dignify their time while improving their residential experience.
Our Purpose: To improve the lives of our families and our team members
Our Niche: Community Association Management
Our Core Values
- Teamwork - Be Reliable Take Ownership Work Collaboratively
- Professionalism - Set High Standards Commit to Self-Development Hold yourself & other accountable
- Relationship Focused - Instill Trust Be Open & Honest Be an active listener
- Solutions Driven - Get things Done Achieve Results Think outside the box
NOTE FROM AFFINITY MANAGEMENT SERVICES:
Disclaimer: this job post is not necessarily an exhaustive list of all essential responsibilities, skills, tasks, or requirements associated with this position. While this is intended to be an accurate reflection of the position posted, the Company reserves the right to modify or change the essential functions of the job based on business necessity.
We are a non-smoke and Drug Free Environment
At Affinity Management Services, we are committed to treating all Applicants and Associates fairly based on their abilities, achievements, and experience without regard to race, national origin, sex, age, disability, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity, or any other classification protected by law. Qualified candidates must be able to perform the essential functions of this position satisfactorily with or without a reasonable accommodation.