The Hinkley Marketing team is a game changer. To say we are passionate about this company is an understatement. We are deeply passionate about infusing beauty and inspiration into everything we do, seamlessly aligning it with the Hinkley brand. Our team possesses a profound appreciation for both the written word and digital prowess, enabling us to craft compelling content across various media platforms. Being part of this dynamic group means becoming an enthusiastic Hinkley brand advocate with a keen eye for design and style. Furthermore, impeccable time management skills and the ability to deliver high volumes of work swiftly, all with a smile, are crucial when collaborating with this energetic and highly creative team.
At Hinkley, our mission is to create chic, innovative lighting that illuminates the special moments of life, from the hustle of day-to-day moments to the joyful glow of memorable occasions. We've been around a long time and learned a few things along the way... and one of the most important is that meaningful experiences with our products and our people are more important than business transactions. It's the relationships that matter: with our customers, colleagues and partners. We call it 'Life Aglow.'
This full-time role is based at Hinkley company headquarters in Avon Lake, OH. This position is NOT A FULLY REMOTE ROLE, it will require 4 days in office work but it does have the flexibility for up to 1 day per week remote.
Summary: The Director of Marketing will lead the cross-functional marketing process with a growth mindset. This role is responsible for the development, direction, and execution of all Hinkley's marketing initiatives to support strategic goals and to increase brand awareness, qualified lead generation, and ensure profitability that meets or exceeds Hinkley's budgeted sales goals. These efforts require expertise analyzing and understanding key business and marketing performance metrics and underlying drivers in addition to strong communications and project management skills. This role reports to the Executive Vice-President of Sales & Marketing.
Primary Tasks and Responsibilities
- Own the complete marketing process to deliver best-in-class marketing campaigns and activities.
- Ensure projects are properly mapped out, assigned, communicated and delivered in a timely manner.
- Collaborate with leadership team to understand business objectives and revenue goals to ensuring alignment with strategic objectives.
- Identifies marketing trends and insights; optimizes spend and performance based on the insights.
- Develops digital marketing strategy by studying economic indicators, trends and tracking changes in supply and demand to maximize future growth strategies and opportunities.
- Maintain a deep understanding and knowledge of our consumer - who are they, what are they like, what makes them buy our product. Identify current and future needs. Help find key insights about our consumers and competitors that impact our marketing.
- Oversees the marketing staff, providing direction and execution of all marketing content, including advertising (print and digital), sales literature, website presence, product marketing, social marketing, influencer partnerships, email marketing, videos, brand publications, trade shows, high impact visual merchandising projects, event planning, sales tools and public relations efforts for all of Hinkley.
- Utilizes strong analytical ability to evaluate end-to-end customer experience across multiple channels and customer touch points. Collaborates with internal teams to create landing pages and plan & run A/B testing, conversion testing and other experiments to optimize user experience.
- Measures and reports performance (ROI) of all digital marketing campaigns and assesses against goals and budgets.
- Plans and executes all web, SEO/SEM, database marketing, email, social media, and display advertising campaigns.
- Set direction and make recommendations for continuous improvement of marketing technology platforms. Participate in the selection and management of related vendors and agencies, as needed.
- Work with Creative Director to execute brand messaging strategy and standards to ensure brand mission and brand platform comes to life across all brand touchpoints.
- Develop and execute an ongoing content creation and promotion strategy. Coordinate with our content generators and users on the scope and direction of content creation.
- Set high level direction for our social media accounts. Works with team to design, build, and maintain our social media presence. Conduct social media audits to ensure best practices are being used.
- Coordinate with sales team to create marketing campaigns for trade, showroom, hospitality, eCom and landscape channels. Work with the team on lead qualification and marketing-to-sales handoff processes.
- Develop clear and measurable KPIs and goals, report progress regularly, communicate results, and re-incorporate results to improve future campaigns.
- Oversee paid media advertising campaigns on Google, LinkedIn, Facebook, Pinterest and so on.
- Act as the owner of our website performance, with a focus on optimizing for search and user experience. Analyze digital data to draw key recommendations around website optimization
- Build a high-performing cross-functional marketing function by ensuring proper hiring and selection. Coaches and leads team members by sharing knowledge, mentoring, providing timely feedback and motivating team towards focused results. Ensures strategy is understood and executed across the team.
- Adheres to Hinkley core values.
Supervision Exercised: Provide leadership and direction to Marketing Department, inclusive of Website Administration, Channel Marketing, Marketing Services and Brand Development.
Level and Type of Education Required
- Bachelor's degree in Marketing, Design or Business required.
- MBA or graduate degree in related field preferred.
Related Work Experience Required
- 10+ years' proven success of increasing responsibility in a digital marketing leadership role.
- 7+ years' experience leading traditional marketing aspects for a highly visible brand (including traditional print, pitching advertising concepts, launching marketing campaigns and channel marketing support tools).
Necessary Specialized Training, Knowledge, Skill and Abilities
- Familiarity with the latest trends, technologies, and methodologies in direct digital marketing, content creation, and social media.
- Proven track record of successfully managing multiple priorities while maintaining a positive, professional image of the organization.
- Well-versed in developing customer-driven marketing strategies based on consumer insights, competitive landscape and brand knowledge.
- Ability to understand changing market dynamics, translating them into actionable strategies to achieve company objectives.
- Thrives in an environment that is fast-paced, rapidly changing and customer service-oriented.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office products including Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Outlook.
- Hands-on experience with SEO/SEM, Google Analytics, Salsify, BizarreVoice and CRM software. NetSuite experience a plus.
- Working knowledge of user interface design, information architecture and web design procedures.
- Excellent verbal communication skills, able to interface with sales, product management and leadership with ease.
- Excellent relationship building skills and knows how to influence working teams and key partners.
- Superior presentation skills including handling complex business issues.
- Experience managing creative, media, and research agencies.
- Ability to lead, direct and mentor staff of marketing professionals.
- Strong project management, problem-solving, and analytical thinking skills.
- Maintains a positive, open and objective attitude.
Work Environment and Physical Requirements
The following descriptions are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Ability to work in an office and perform in a corporate environment
- Occasionally asked to assist in tasks outside of office environment (i.e.: distribution center)
- Ability to sit for prolonged periods of time
- Ability to view computer screen and type on a keyboard
- Ability to see color, differences between colors, shades and brightness.
- Ability to converse over a telephone (hear, speak)
We are committed to providing a total reward package including a market-competitive salary, an annual performance bonus, and so much more! Our benefits package includes a 401(k) plan with generous company match, comprehensive health insurance, paid time off (PTO), paid holidays, life insurance, short-term disability, wellness programs, voluntary benefits including dental, vision & more, flexible spending accounts for health and dependent care and generous employee product purchase discounts.
WHAT IS AT OUR CORE:
Working as a professional family which cares about people
Passion for growth and doing whatever it takes
Empowering people to take action and try new things
Common vision and goals
Focus on the customer & end user
Hinkley quality & brand really meaning something
Honesty and integrity
Enjoyment, fun, friendliness, life-work balance
Hinkley is committed to a policy of Equal Employment Opportunity, all qualified applicants are considered for employment without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, veteran's status or any other protected characteristic.
Candidates must possess authorization to work in the United States, as it is not our practice to sponsor individuals for work visas.