Director of Marketing, Digital Marketing, E-commerce, Brand Development
HolistaPet is a Los Angeles-based pet wellness company founded in 2017. Our focus early on was in Natural Products however over the years we have expanded our product line to include wellness supplements and accessories for dogs, cats and horses.
We've also transformed the way we do business. Unlike the average company whose only objective is to sell goods, we're trying to do good also. We've made a pledge to donate $1 from every product sold since January 1st of 2023 in perpetuity in an effort to end economic euthanasia. We love pets and are pushing to do our part in ethical sales to help rescue organizations around the U.S. in our shared mission. It's our aim to provide access to useful education, research, and share real experiences and stories through our content and blogs.
Our team is filled with big ambitions and we're looking for an ambitious leader to join and help take our company to the next level. The bigger we can get, the more pets we can save!
We are seeking a creative and organized Director of Marketing who will implement positive marketing initiatives for our growing company. Ideal candidate will be an effective collaborator and motivator who can lead a team of marketers to success. Director of marketing applicants must have extensive experience in sales and marketing, thrive in a fast-paced environment and be able to delegate and track multiple ongoing projects and responsibilities simultaneously. The Director of Marketing reports to the CEO and will work closely with the leadership team.
- Lead development and implementation of marketing, advertising, and sales initiatives
- Educate marketing team on brand identity
- Lead product development, advertising campaigns and pricing strategies
- Find innovative ways to connect with target audiences
- Own and manage the consumer experience and post-purchase journey
- Oversee social media marketing platforms
- Increase brand awareness and reach across multiple platforms
- Direct analytical data gathering and marketing/consumer test strategies
- Direct and oversee all design and advertising ventures
- Attend conferences, meetings, conventions, in order to stay current on market trends and new research
- Create and adhere to marketing budgets
- Train, and manage marketing team, including performance reviews
- Present frequent progress reports to executives
Qualifications and Skills:
- Single most important qualification; MUST LOVE ANIMALS!
- Bachelor's degree in marketing, communications, business administration or related field (or equivalent experience)
- MBA preferred
- 7+ years extensive experience in sales, e-commerce marketing, advertising and brand management
- 5+ years leading, managing, and developing marketing teams
- Experience in pet industry preferred
- Expertise in e-commerce tech stack, including but not limited to; Shopify, Klaviyo, AWS, WordPress, and Google Analytics
- Start-up eCommerce experience strongly desired
- Understanding of multi-channel digital marketing, including but not limited to; Affiliate Marketing, Paid Advertising, Email Marketing, SEO Marketing and Amazon
- Proven dynamic leadership and project management skills
- Strategic, innovative and creative personality with a strong business acumen
- A passion for working in and managing a fast-paced, collaborative environment
- Adept multi-tasker with ability to quickly prioritize and effectively delegate tasks
- A sense of humor and a bent toward having fun strongly preferred
- A sense of responsibility for community outreach
- Exceptional leadership, management, & communication skills.
- Skilled at influencing key stakeholders, including executive leadership, and partners.
- Strong time management and prioritization skills
- Thoughtful and self-reflective
- Team-player, hard-working, organized, and goal-oriented
- Passion for e-commerce, consumer retail and/or digital marketing is a plus
- An environment of collaboration, high performance, & respect amongst all employees and managers
- Willingness to teach; willingness to learn
HolistaPet is a proud equal opportunity employer. All applicants will be considered for employment without attention to race, color, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran or disability status.