Rookies Day Nursery is looking for a friendly, capable candidate who loves working with children and is ready for a new challenge in a new environment.
Ideal applicants should be qualified to Early Years, Level 2/3 or above in childcare or equivalent, previous experience working in a nursery setting is desired.
Applicants should also have knowledge of the EYFS and the principles and know how to put these into practice.
They should be personable with children and parents to maintain healthy relationships which will help children to develop and keep parents updated to developments.
Teamwork is essential at Rookies, so applicants will need to work well within a team and support other staff members.
Candidates are expected to maintain a high level of safety and hygiene and ensure this is adhered to daily and uphold the standards of the settings at all times both in work hours and outside.
Applicants must be willing to undergo child protection screening appropriate to the post, including checks with past employers and the Disclosure & Barring Service (DBS).
Our opening Hours are 7:30am – 6:00pm, this position is for a full-time candidate to work 40 hours per week on a rotational shift pattern.
About this Role:
In this role you will be working with children to support learning and development. This will mean:
• Selecting and preparing a range of age appropriate activities, using the children’s interests promoting equality and inclusion
• Planning and providing child-initiated and adult led activities which can be either indoors or outdoors supporting children’s learning or development.
• Promoting positive behaviour and independence through the use of effective behaviour skills and the setting policies and procedures.
• Keep up to date with regards to the current legal requirements, national policies and guidance (H&S, Safeguarding and the well-being of all children)
• You will have key children and you will keep records of their progress and learning in journals that can be shared with parents/carers or any other key adult in the child’s life.