Kaiser Aluminum is known around the world for its superior quality. Our secret is what we put into it-innovative thinking, industry-leading reliability, and a world-class commitment to customer service. In short, the same qualities we look for in our people. We are looking for a Market & Economic Research Analyst to join Kaiser Aluminum in Franklin, Tennessee!
To support our teams and their families beyond the workplace, we provide an outstanding benefits package effective day one of employment!
- Industry leading compensation program.
- 401K options that begin vesting day 1.
- First-rate vacation plan for valuable work-life balance.
- Relocation assistance for new team members.
- Employee resource groups.
What you will work on:
- Utilize various data sources, both internal and external, to gain market insight. Primary focus in aerospace, automotive, general industrial, and packaging.
- Monitor trends from market customers, competition and suppliers to broaden understanding.
- Partner with Kaiser product managers to gain insight into product categories, market trends, customer preferences and other relevant market information.
- Monitor supply chain inventory levels and that impact on demand trends.
- Gather, analyze and forecast future outcomes with large data sets to provide insight into industry and economic drivers.
- Maintaining and expanding upon existing models that track relevant economics factors, industry & market drivers and other relevant market information.
- Attend industry conferences and other trade shows that would provide insight into research process.
- Prepare detailed reports of findings to various in-house customer groups, through visualizations that best articulate industry trends.
What you will bring to the role:
- A Bachelor's Degree in Engineering, Finance, Statistics, Mathematics or applicable business degree with a pedigree for using data to answer business problems.
- A minimum of three (3) to seven (7) years of Market Research Analyst experience.
- Equity research experience a plus.
- Prior experience gathering, organizing and reporting upon industry, economic and other relevant data sources.
- Experience with MS Excel , PPT, Access Database and/or other relevant platforms; Power BI a plus.
- Predicative modeling capability a plus but not required.
- Strong written, verbal, and presentation skills.
- Proven ability to work in teams.
- High attention to detail.
- An analytical mind with superior problem solving aptitude.
- Efficient multitasker with excellent project prioritization. Will naturally have a curiosity to learn, grow and produce results. Ability to think outside the box, see and articulate the larger picture despite having an abundance of in-depth knowledge and data.
- Have well developed interpersonal and business partnering skills, with the desire to identify, connect with and influence key strategies at all levels of the organization.
- Become an industry expert.
- Consume large data sets.
- Think outside the box, be decisive and draw conclusions.
- Consolidate with ability to articulate large body of knowledge to retain an audience.
- Be someone with an exceptional capacity to understand the complexity and nuances of Kaiser Aluminum's organization, the market in which it competes, and the value drivers and key performance metrics in the business.
No third-party candidate submissions are being accepted at this time for this opening.
About Kaiser Aluminum: Talented people join our team because we are a company passionate about environmental sustainability, employee growth, contributing back to our communities and championing a diverse and inclusive culture. We are strongly committed to expanding inclusion, equity, and diversity - how we hire, develop, and inspire our diverse team members that reflects and relates to the increasingly multicultural community.