Apply for this job now
EEG Technician-Pediatric Unit
- Houston, Texas
- USD49.00 Per Hour
- Job Type
- 19 May 2023
Apply for this job now
15 Week Contract
Location: 6621 Fannin St. Houston, TX 77030
Desired Start Date: 7/24/2023.
Shift: Nights, Weekends, 3 12-hour Shifts, 6PM-6:30AM
Rate: $49 Hourly
This is an entry to mid-level position in the neurodiagnostic unit. The Technologist will perform one or more of the following: EEGs/Long term video monitoring; Evoked Potentials or Polysomnography; procedures according to facility policy and procedures. The Technologist will maintain patient safety during clinically significant events, and other
related duties. During diagnostic procedures for which competence has not been achieved, the Technologist trains under
direct technical supervision. Once training is completed and all required institution competencies have been achieved, the
Technologist works under indirect technical supervision.
• Perform routine Neurodiagnostic procedures in accordance with ABRET/ACNS guidelines and ASET competencies and/or
• Ensures electrode application in adherence with the International 10-20 System
• Maintains the patient's safety through communication
• Continues to learn and apply basic and intermediate waveform recognition, relevant medical terminology, anatomy,
physiology, infection control, and current HIPPA practices
Knowledge of current neurodiagnostic technique and pattern recognition, and general neurodiagnostic instrumentation.
The ability to independently demonstrate skill in one of the following areas: EEG, EEG Video Monitoring, EP, or PSG, may
require direct supervision with advanced studies.
Demonstrated ability to operate neurodiagnostic equipment, video monitoring equipment.
Is articulate, courteous and supportive in dealing with hospital, administrative and departmental personnel, patients and
parents with ability to honor confidentiality; demonstrate excellent verbal and written communication skills; demonstrate
good customer service; utilize basic office equipment and a personal computer.
2yr experience with pediatric EEG
ICU monitoring preferred.
R. EEG T.
Registered Electroneurodiagnostic Technician
H.S. Diploma or GED
- Job Reference: 1010170544-2
- Date Posted: 19 May 2023
- Recruiter: hireops staffing, llc
- Location: Houston, Texas
- Salary: USD49.00 Per Hour
- Sector: Healthcare & Medical
- Job Type: Permanent