Pay Class: Hourly
Hourly Pay Rate: 37.47
Heidelberg Materials is seeking an Instrumentation Electrician to join our team in Nazareth, PA.
Heidelberg Materials provides the materials to build our future. Our future is sustainable. Our future is digital. And it goes beyond cement, aggregates and ready-mixed concrete. Heidelberg Materials North America, previously known as Lehigh Hanson, operates more than 450 locations with approximately 9,000 employees in the U.S. and Canada.
HERE'S WHAT YOU'LL GET TO DO
Are you in the market for a job that is Electrifying? The Shift Electrician will install, maintain, and repair electrical/electronic systems, components and apparatus for machinery and equipment in an industrial setting. This role is a great opportunity for motivated individuals who perform installation, maintenance repair, design and troubleshooting to electrical and instrument equipment.
- Test and diagnose electrical instrumentation and control problems.
- Discusses operation variations with supervisors or other electrical and maintenance workers to diagnose problem or repair machine.
- Installs power or instrumentation wiring and conduit for machinery and equipment.
- Replaces or repairs faulty electrical components of machinery, such as relays, motors, switches, printed circuit boards and position sensing devices. Rewires motors.
- Uses PC and PLC programming to troubleshoot process control issues for automated machinery. Calibrates instrumentation using programing devices.
- Troubleshoots and repairs variable speed drives, process analyzers and measuring equipment.
- Assists with project research to include system dynamics and control loop algorithms and contributes to system design for retrofit and upgrade of existing equipment.
- Plans layout of wiring and system installation within facility.
- Reads blueprints, schematic drawings and manuals to determine work procedures and diagnose problems. Will update prints to reflect field changes.
- Uses standard hand tools, instruments and power tools as required.
- Follows oral or written instructions and work assignments. Completes checklists and work orders as required. Maintains records and logs of preventive electrical maintenance activities.
- Maintains general cleanliness of work areas. Maintains all tools and equipment used on the job in good working order.
- Participates in the training of apprentices and new employees.
- Follow plant and MSHA Safety Policies, including the proper use of Personal Protective Equipment. Maintain an awareness of plant environmental standards. Takes corrective action to address minor problems or reports compliance issues to appropriate supervisor for resolution.
HERE'S WHAT WE'RE LOOKING FOR
- Associate's degree or equivalent from a two-year college or technical school.
- Certification as an Industrial Electrician; or equivalent combination of education and training.
- System knowledge of HMI and PLC control systems.
- Ability to add, subtract, multiply, and divide in all units of measure, using whole numbers, common fractions, and decimals; Ability to calculate figures and amounts such as proportions, area, circumference, volume, percentages, and ratios; and, Ability to apply concepts of basic algebra and geometry in practical situations.
- Ability to work extended hours and irregular schedules
- Ability to work as a team member, as well as individually, on complex issues
- Excellent communication skills, both verbal and written
- Physical Requirements: sitting, standing, walking, pushing, pulling, twisting, climbing, balancing, bending (bending at the waist, lifting above the waist and lifting below the waist), kneeling, reaching, grasping (use of both hands), squatting, repetitive motions, manipulative finger movements with both hands, use of wrists (flexing or rotating with both wrists), use of both feet, use of arms above and below shoulder, work extended periods of time in same position, perform duties in all climates i.e. weather, extreme temperatures, tolerate heights, lift and carry up to 75 lbs., work in confined spaces, capable of wearing respiratory and other personal protective equipment
BRING YOUR HUMBLE OVERACHIEVER ATTITUDE AND LET'S ELEVATE OUR COMPANY EVEN HIGHER!
At Heidelberg Materials, we care a great deal about your health which is why there is no waiting period to participate in highly competitive medical, dental, vision, and life insurance programs. In addition, we offer a 401(k) retirement savings plan with an automatic company contribution as well as matching contributions.
No search firms please
Heidelberg Materials is a drug free workplace
Employer Statement: Equal Opportunity Employer - Minority / Female / Veteran / Disabled