THINKING FAST AND SAVING LIVES
When there's a medical crisis, providing swift and comprehensive care is critical to the patient's survival. Working in some of the most stressful environments on bases all over the world, Air Force Emergency/Trauma Nurses rapidly make lifesaving decisions every day. A challenging career for those who remain calm under pressure, their medical actions are indispensible in treating patients and getting them home safely to their families.
Bachelor's or master's degree in nursing from a school accredited by the NLN or CCNE
- Knowledge of principles and practices of nursing is mandatory.
- Minimum of 12 months full-time nursing practice
- Encouraged to use six of those months practicing specific specialty
- Completion of 5.5-week Officer Training School course
- Must be between the ages of 18 and 47