Our client, a leading law firm in Manhattan, is seeking an experienced Event Specialist.
What you'll be doing:
- Select and secure appropriate venues and process contracts together with the Procurement team.
- Prepare event proposals and manage event budgets ensuring that expenses are within the approved budget; process all related payments and invoices.
- Produce event materials (signage, name tags, etc). Arrange for production of event materials, such as name badges, signage, and promotional items.
- Manage vendor relationships. Work with vendors and catering contacts (in-house and external).
- Attend events, as appropriate, and manage on-site logistics including all on-site hospitality, audio-visual and other logistics and costs.
- Bachelor's degree
- 2+ years of event planning experience
- MUST have Professional Services Industry experience (Law firm, Finance firm, Real Estate, Insurance, Tech, etc)
- Strong communication skills
- Experience at a law firm is a plus