We want to do good in this world. You too? If you're looking for meaningful work, JOIN US! We bring handcrafted, artisan-made goods to the US market from around the world in a way that centers the maker and the planet. We're a nonprofit retailer redefining how goods are bought and sold. We're shaking things up: through up-front payments-ensuring artisans are paid fairly and work in safe conditions. We've been at it for over 75 years, and now, we need you to broaden our reach and increase our impact. Learn more at: .
The Executive Coordinator provides comprehensive support to the CEO, Leadership Team and National Board of Directors through the performance of a variety of administrative tasks. This dynamic position requires the ability to anticipate needs, think critically, and offer solutions to problems with a high level of professionalism and confidentiality.
This position supports and contributes to the Ten Thousand Villages mission by:
Providing efficient assistance to the Leadership Team to advance organizational goals in an organized manner.
- Provide high-level operational support to the CEO and Leadership Team members.
- Prepare agendas, schedules and attend Leadership Team meetings; record and distribute minutes.
- Identify, communicate and follow-up on action steps from meetings and minutes to help hold owners accountable to timelines and responsibilities.
- Manage all logistics for Board of Directors calls and meetings and attend meetings to record minutes.
- Support CEO in planning and execution of Board of Directors communications; coordinate reporting and recurring data tables in presentations.
- Support fundraising efforts including communications with donors, writing thank-you letters, maintaining compliance, and reporting.
- Provide hospitality to all guests and help to create a welcoming environment; schedule lodging and meals for visitors and artisans as needed; serve as point person with Mennonite Central Committee for the Welcoming Place reservations.
- Plan domestic and international travel logistics and itineraries for Leadership Team, the National Board of Directors, and Learning Tours.
- Receive incoming communication or memos on behalf of CEO. Review contents, determine importance, and summarize and/or distribute to appropriate staff.
- Maintain records and draft letters, memos, invoices, reports, and other documents for Leadership Team.
- Retrieve information as requested from email, minutes, and other related documents; prepare written summaries of data when needed.
- Assist with regularly scheduled meetings for planning, logistics, and completion, including distribution of documentation and recording.
- Assist in planning and logistics for large meetings and events.
- Recruit, coordinate and manage volunteers for home office.
- Perform additional duties/responsibilities as requested which contribute to the position's success and the organizational mission.
- Four years executive assistant or administrative support experience.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Excellent organizational skills and impeccable attention to detail.
- Excellent time management skills with a proven ability to meet deadlines.
- Ability to function well in a high-paced and at times stressful environment.
- Extensive knowledge of office administration, clerical procedures, and recordkeeping systems.
- Exceptional project management and the ability to manage multiple priorities.
- Able to maintain a high level of integrity and discretion in handling confidential information.
- Proven ability to problem-solver, take the initiative and provide excellent follow through.
- Extremely proficient with all Microsoft 365 applications or similar software with the ability to learn new or updated software.
- Experience working with or participating in non-profit, volunteer-based or grassroots-supported organizations; international experience and/or global understanding a plus.