Apply for this job now
Full Time Clinician (13-18 Year Old Group Home)
- New Bedford, Massachusetts
- Job Type
- 19 May 2023
Apply for this job now
The Clinician is responsible for the provision of direct services to each adolescent on his or her caseload, including the development of a comprehensive assessment for each client. In addition, the Lead Clinician acts as a liaison with the client's family, Department of Children & Families (DCF) Social Worker and outside agencies.
- Review referrals to determine appropriateness for placement within the program and respond to DCF within contracted timeframes.
- Ensure a thorough intake of youth into the program has occurred; ensuring a suicide screening/safety assessment is completed on each youth, including completion of MAYSI Screening and creation of safety plan.
- Completion of CRAAFT, LITE, and CANS assessment within 7 days of placement with each youth and his/her identified family.
- Develop an individual treatment plan with each youth and his/her identified family that is inclusive of the six domains, and identify all necessary therapeutic services, and medical/dental care needed (routine, ongoing, and emergency services) in accordance with EEC and CARF standards.
- Provide intensive individual, group, and family therapy and review each youth's progress toward identified goals and program objectives at treatment reviews that meet licensing timeline requirements.
- Ensure referrals/appointments are made for youth in need of psychological evaluation, psychiatric services, therapy, dental and/or medical appointments; oversee the completion of additional youth assessments as requested within stated timeframes.
- Assess and monitor all youths on suicide watch on an ongoing basis.
- Maintain communication with parent/guardian/LAR and collateral agencies.
- Attend and participate in program meetings (weekly clinical reviews, weekly house meetings, monthly staff meetings, and Administrators meetings).
- Track data and statistics in line with permanency and standards; as well as service referrals.
- Provide rotating on-call clinical coverage and be available for after-hours emergencies or intake.
- Be responsible for proper accounting of youth belongings/valuables.
- Ensure behavior management practice is followed on all shifts.
- Work with Caseworker to ensure all medical/dental needs are met in a timely fashion.
- Support program staff with skill development and coaching needs.
- Contribute to a positive work environment by illustrating pride in job performance, enthusiasm and cooperation with co-workers.
- Interface with, and provide support for, all clinical interns, community partnerships, staff, and volunteers in regard to the programming of the DCF congregate care sites.
- Master's Degree in Social Work, Psychology, or Human Services field required and Licensure Practitioner of the Healing Arts (LPHA) required. LMHC or LICSW is preferred.
- 1 - 5 years of related experience is preferred.
- Strong knowledge of Microsoft programs is required.
- Excellent reading and writing skills for contract and incident reporting.
- Ability to work Sunday through Thursday schedule.
- Job Reference: 1010171909-2
- Date Posted: 19 May 2023
- Recruiter: Old Colony YMCA
- Location: New Bedford, Massachusetts
- Salary: On Application
- Sector: Healthcare & Medical
- Job Type: Permanent