Location: San Antonio, TX
Job Description The Community
San Antonio, Texas
San Antonio, city of authenticity where real fun and true adventure are just outside your door. Client the larger-than-life attractions, thrilling theme parks, and breathtaking, natural wonders. There is very literally, something exciting for everyone. Step to the beath of the wafting flamenco music as you wander the downtown River Walk before sampling as much chili (San Antonio's signature dish) as your taste buds will allow. A visit to the Alamo is an absolute must, as is taking in a show at the ornate Majestic Theatre. San Antonio Missions National Historical Park is dotted with 18 th -century buildings and features, making for an enriching excursion.
Explore San Antonio here! About the Facility San Antonio VAMC
The San Antonio VAMC provides comprehensive acute hospital care, including medicine, surgery, and psychiatry. Other specialty hospital programs include rehabilitation medicine, spinal cord injury, substance abuse, dental, and a restorative nursing home care program. There are numerous outpatient programs, including home care, community nursing home care, community residential care, adult day health care, a day treatment center, Women Veterans Health, care to homeless Veterans with serious psychiatric problems and services to veterans with severe visual problems. Facility Address:
7400 Merton Minter, San Antonio, TX 78229 Gastroenterologist - RESPONSIBILITIES (listed are included but not limited to)
Gastroenterologist - REQUIREMENTS
- Shall cover the range of Gastroenterology services as would be provided in a state-of-the-art civilian medical treatment facility and the standards of care shall be of a quality, meeting or exceeding currently recognized national standards.
- Shall be responsible for providing an academic environment conducive to the training and professional development for residents rotating through the Internal Medicine/Gastroenterology Service.
- Shall be responsible for complying with the Residency review documentation and ensuring that all notes and encounters are completed and shall appropriately document medical records in accordance with VA standards.
- Shall also perform any administrative duties relative to documentation of resident training, as required and directed by the VA or designated representative.
- Shall provide clinical direction to and oversight of residents/fellows consistent with current accreditation guidelines, clinical research, and protocol development.
- Shall provide comprehensive clinical gastroenterology services including the full range of colonoscopy and esophagogastroduodenoscopy procedures.
- An estimated 95% of time is involved in direct patient care.
KurzSolutions is committed to improving health outcomes by providing well-managed companies with the top healthcare talent in the market.
- Must have ACLS and BLS certification.
- Must be Board Eligible or Board Certified from any state, territory, Commonwealth of the United States, or the District of Columbia in good standing.
- Must have a current, full, active and unrestricted DEA card.
- Must have a current, full, active and unrestricted license from any state, territory, Commonwealth, or the District of Columbia in good standing.
- Must have Proof of Medical Liability Insurance.
KurzSolutions is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We do not discriminate based on race, religion, color, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, age, non-disqualifying physical or mental disability, national origin, veteran status or any other basis covered by appropriate law. All employment is decided based on qualifications, merit, and business need.