WindBorne Systems is supercharging weather models with a unique proprietary data source: constellations of next-generation smart weather balloons targeting the most critical atmospheric data. Our long-term vision is to eliminate weather uncertainty, and in the process help humanity adapt to climate change, be that predicting hurricanes or speeding the adoption of renewables. The founding team of Stanford engineers was named Forbes 2019 30 under 30 and is backed by top investors including Khosla Ventures.
WindBorne is looking for a Head of Comms & Marketing to communicate our mission to customers, investors, and the broader public as we scale towards our vision of radically better weather forecasts that help in the fight against climate change. As Head of Comms & Marketing, you will work closely with the founding team to define our messaging, then be responsible for getting that messaging out there.
We're dedicated to both mitigating climate change and helping humanity adapt to its effects as fast as possible, and you can be a part of our mission to make this global societal impact. If you like the idea of working on cutting edge technology, and working with a fast moving team, WindBorne is the place for you.
- Own execution of communications and marketing strategy
- Communicate our climate mission the broader world, explaining both our ability to dramatically reduce global emissions and help on the adaptation side
- Explain WindBorne's technological advances to reinforce our positioning as the most innovative player in the weather space
- Work with founders to develop messaging in greater detail
- Ensure messaging consistency across our website, social media, marketing campaigns, publications, etc.
- Generate a steady cadence of media coverage, running the process from press releases through to publication
- Scope and manage our social media presence
- Develop content aimed at potential hires such as blogs and video
- Create general marketing collateral for trade shows and other events
Skills and Qualifications
- 2+ years experience in an communications position
- Experience making and managing contacts within the media
- Sufficient knowledge & scientific background to understand a deeply technical product and communicate it to the general public
- Experience working within a Digital HQ chat platform, e.g. Slack
- Excellent writing
- An eye for good design
Nice to have
- Startup experience, ideally in deep tech or climate
- Design skill & experience with tools such as Figma
- Experience in video creation