Pay Class: Hourly
Hourly Pay Rate: 40-45
Heidelberg Materials is seeking a Mobile Equipment Mechanic for our Fairmount facility located in Fairmount Illinois.
Heidelberg Materials provides the materials to build our future. Our future is sustainable. Our future is digital. And it goes beyond cement, aggregates, and ready-mixed concrete. Heidelberg Materials North America, previously known as Lehigh Hanson, operates more than 450 locations with approximately 9,000 employees in the U.S. and Canada.
What You'll Get To Do
- Safety and proficiently perform maintenance work as assigned, including mechanical, and electrical on equipment, welding, and cutting with a torch.
- Operate various types of Mobile Equipment
- Maintain gas and diesel engines and related components on mobile equipment
- Work on and troubleshoot pneumatic systems, hydraulic systems, and electrical systems.
- Reading and interpreting diagram prints, and schematics.
- Perform preventative maintenance (PM) on equipment for an extended period until the employee develops a good understanding of the equipment.
- Write a part list for purchase orders using related manuals.
- Proficiently use test and diagnostic equipment
- This list is not all-inclusive. Other duties and responsibilities may be assigned as deemed necessary for the efficient operation of the facility.
7:00 am-3:30 pm Monday-Friday, Saturday, and Sundays, and callouts as needed. Potentially starting shift before 7:00 am & working after the normal end of the shift as workload dictates.
Perform service and repairs on construction/ mining equipment in the field for Heidelberg Materials. At our Illinois & N.W Indiana locations
- Troubleshoot and repair engine, hydraulic, electrical, and other systems.
- Operate equipment safely to find diagnostic errors and technical problems, and determine proper solutions.
- Establish and maintain a service-oriented relationship with locations.
- Order parts in equipment parts books or online.
- Complete service reports and enter the proper data into the computer systems.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Successful completion of a formal technical training program with a minimum of four years experience in a service setting required.
- Must have engine, electrical, hydraulic, transmission, and diagnostic troubleshooting and repair skills.
- Must be experienced in cutting, and welding when needed.
- Computer literacy required. Must be familiar with programs such as Microsoft, Excel, Outlook, CAT, andKomatsu programs.
- Must be a self-starter with good time management.
- Military encouraged to apply
- Excellent planning & organizational skills are required.
- Must be team-oriented and willing to adapt to change.
- Must have a clean driving record.
- Ability to work overtime and some weekends when needed.
- Must reside within a designated territory.
- Excellent communication skills (written, e-mail, and verbal) are necessary.
- Must be able to provide your tools, up to 1 ¾ .
- High school diploma or equivalent required.
- Must have a valid driver's license with a clean driving record. This includes no more than 2 minor violations within the past 3 years and no major violations within the past 5 years (Motor Vehicle Report will be performed on the final candidate).
This position works in a field/shop environment at Heidelberg Materials job sites. May continuously walk, bend, climb, and lift to 75 lbs. Will be required to always wear appropriate safety equipment PPE where required. (IE-Safety glasses or side shields, hearing protection, hard hats, vest, etc.) for a given situation. The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate to high. must be flexible to work varying schedules and hours as needed. Occasional travel between locations may be required. The physical demands described above are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform essential functions.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or status as a protected veteran.
Why work for Heidelberg Materials?
At Heidelberg Materials our iron is just the beginning. Our people make our company successful, and we would not be who we are without them. We bring our values into how we do business. Everyone from technicians, sales representatives, administrative professionals, or somewhere in between is part of the A-team and is critical to our success. Here at Heidelberg Materials, we have over 51,000 employees, with 3,000 locations in 50 countries and with long tenure for you to learn from. We have a collaborative, family-valued culture, with a great reputation in the industry. A company that offers competitive pay, excellent benefits, and a remarkable team of people to work with.
What We Are Looking For
- Must possess a minimum high school diploma or GED. Additional technical training is preferred.
- Minimum 5 years of heavy industrial mobile mechanical maintenance experience
- Must be able to work at heights
- Able to read, understand and implement written instruction
- Some welding experience desired
- Open pit mining operations and aggregate products experience preferred
- MSHA training a plus
No search firms, please.
Heidelberg Materials is a Drug-Free Workplace.
Employer Statement: Equal Opportunity Employer - Minority / Female / Veteran / Disabled