Apply for this job now
- San Diego, California
- Job Type
- 19 May 2023
Apply for this job now
JOB DESCRIPTION SUMMARY
The hospice aide is a paraprofessional member of the interdisciplinary group who works under the supervision of a registered nurse and performs various services for a patient as necessary to meet the patient's personal needs and to promote comfort. The hospice aide is responsible for observing the patient, reporting these observations and documenting observations and care performed. Hourly range is $18-24. Plus, 90% medical/health, 99% vision, and 99% dental employer paid insurance for FT!
The hospice aide will be assigned in a manner that promotes quality, continuity and safety of a patient's care.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS/RESPONSIBILITIES
Responsibilities of the hospice aide include, but are not limited to, the following:
1. Performing personal care needs after given a patient's assignment and attending to his/her requests promptly. If unable to perform a certain task, report to the Case Manager immediately.
2. Meeting safety needs of patient and using equipment safely and properly (foot stools, side rails, O2 etc.)
3. Giving personal care including baths, back rubs, oral hygiene, shampoos and changing bed linen as often as assigned.
4. Assisting in dressing and undressing patients as assigned.
5. Planning and preparing nutritious meals, including shopping, as assigned.
6. Assisting in feeding the patient as assigned.
7. Taking and recording oral, rectal and axillary temperatures, pulse, respiration and blood pressure when ordered with appropriate completed/demonstrated skills competency.
8. Providing proper care and observation of patient's skin to prevent breakdown of tissue over bony prominence.
9. Reporting on patient's condition and significant changes to the Case Manager. Also aware of the caregiver or other individuals living with the patient and interpersonal issues.
10. Assisting in ambulation and exercise as instructed by the hospice nurse or therapist.
11. Offering and assisting with bedpans and urinals. Providing assistance as assigned with light laundry needs.
12. Performing range of motion and other simple procedures as an extensional therapy service as ordered with appropriate completed/demonstrated skills competency.
13. Providing respite for patient's/family/caregiver when on-site, as appropriate.
14. Keeping patient's living area clean and orderly, as assigned.
15. Adhering to the organization's documentation and care procedures and standards of personal and professional conduct.
16. Participates in quality assessment performance improvement teams and activities.
17. Respectful of patient and family/caregiver environment and patient's personal needs.
- Job Reference: 1010174410-2
- Date Posted: 19 May 2023
- Recruiter: Uni Care Hospice, Inc.
- Location: San Diego, California
- Salary: On Application
- Sector: Healthcare & Medical
- Job Type: Permanent