Job ID: 11119Practice Details
- Seeking a full-time BC/BE Geriatric Psychiatrist to join our hospital-employed team.
- The incoming physician will serve as the Medical Director of our 15-bed inpatient, Senior Behavioral Health Unit (SBHU), located in the hospital. A Geriatric Psychiatry fellowship is preferred.
- 15-bed inpatient unit
- Ages 65+
- Schedule M-F; 8a-5p
- No weekends or after-hours call
- APP oversight
- Strong unit support and program offerings
Compensation. The Starting Salary Is $25,000 To $50,000 More Compared To Starting Medicine Salaries In Milwaukee. Coupled With A Cost Of Living Of 20% Lower Than The Aforementioned Metropolitan Areas, Provides Significant Purchasing Power To Build Their Dream Home, Payoff School Loans And Retire Early.
The Housing Market. 4 bd 3 ba 3,000 sqft Once in a lifetime opportunity! Stunning country retreat w/ 2 ranch homes, duplex-style, one address! 6-acre farmette w/54x35 pole barn & 36x30 extra garage/workshop. Perfect for multi-family living, owner occupancy plus rental, or simply extra privacy! Main ranch includes 3 bedrooms, 2 updated baths, finished basement & 2 car attached garage. Beautifully updated kitchen w/ granite counters & open layout to dining & living room. Attached ranch addition includes 1 bed & bath w/ accessible walk-in shower, laundry on main, 1 car attached garage. Both living areas offer picturesque views of the tree-lined property & access to patio & deck. Maximize your summer fun in the fabulous pool! Outdoor wood furnace, raised garden beds, abundant wildlife.10 minutes to Oconomowoc & easy Hwy access! This home can be yours for $595,000.
The Community. Nestled on the banks of the Rock River in southeastern Wisconsin, Watertown is a vibrant and growing community. With safe neighborhoods, affordable housing, and excellent public and private schools, Watertown offers all the charm of small town life, with easy access to nearby metropolitan amenities.
The Employer. The Medical Center has served the people of Dodge and Jefferson Counties for more than 100 years. What began as a 16-bed hospital on Main Street has transformed into a comprehensive health system, providing state-of-the-art facilities, world class technology and advanced clinical programming including: emergency services, urgent care, comprehensive women's health, orthopedics and sports medicine, heart and vascular services, and more.
The Medical Center is fully accredited by The Joint Commission. The hospital is proud to offer patients access to state-of-the-art technology including: 3D mammography, a Level IV Trauma certified emergency department, an on-site catheterization lab for advanced heart and vascular procedures, and laser-guided cataract surgery.Closest Major City
Colleges and Universities
- 35 miles to Madison, WI
- 43 miles to Milwaukee, WI
- 107 miles to Chicago, IL
- 233 miles to Fort Wayne, IN
- 251 miles to Saint Paul, MN
- Maranatha Baptist University (Full-time enrollment: 928 not-for-profit; Offers Master's degree)
- University of Wisconsin-Whitewater (about 25 miles; Whitewater, WI; Full-time enrollment: 11,124)
- Waukesha County Technical College (about 25 miles; Pewaukee, WI; FT enrollment: 4,415)
- Carroll University (about 29 miles; Waukesha, WI; FT enrollment: 3,313) Herzing University-Madison (about 29 miles; Madison, WI; FT enrollment: 3,160)
- A city for all seasons, Watertown offers an abundance of outdoor recreation. Kayakers will enjoy paddling the Rock River Trail which extends the 11 counties of the Rock River.
- Watertown's ample park system is sure to impress visitors with 22 parks covering over 263 acres. Wooded walking trails, 18 hole Frisbee golf course, skate park, fishing areas, lighted tennis courts, basketball courts, volleyball courts, ice skating, cross country skiing, and playgrounds are among the many amenities offered.
- Riverside Park, one of the largest in Watertown, contains the ever popular Chamberland, a community-built children's playground, scenic picnic sites along the Rock River and the Watertown Aquatic Center. The park also hosts Riverfest, an outdoor music festival held in August, and Watertown's long-standing Tuesday farmers' market held May - November.
- Watertown has 2 bowling alleys and a movie theater if indoor activities are called for.
- During the year, Watertown plays host to many festivals, celebrations and competitions.
- A unique blend of shopping and dining awaits visitors to Watertown. From independent retailers to national chains, Watertown offers small town charm with big city conveniences.
- Local merchants pride themselves in top-notch customer service, providing customers with an enjoyable shopping experience.
- Visitors exploring historic Main Street will be greeted by eight blocks of one-of-a-kind retail shops.
- In addition to eclectic gift shops, Main Street offers bookstores, coffee shops, jewelry stores, antiques, and an upscale shoe store. Beyond the downtown shoppers will find more gift shops, clothing, coffee and coffee accessories, thrift stores, meats, cheeses and wine, music supplies and much more.
- For those who need to refuel after a day of shopping, dining options include a choice of several privately owned and operated restaurants as well as national and regional chains.
- For a fun lunch, explore the pubs and cafes located in the downtown area, as well as in various neighborhoods, to get a taste of local cuisine. Along with plentiful American cuisine, ethnic foods include Italian, Chinese, Mexican, Japanese and Greek along with a classic German supper club.