The Internal Communications Specialist leverages exceptional writing, editing, communications, and project management skills to support the development of content across Sandridge internal communications channels. Reporting to the Internal Communications & PR Manager, the Communications Specialist combines an aptitude for writing and creativity with strong marketing communications skills to support the ideation, execution and promotion of content and programs across internal communications, intranet, social media, newsletters, industry associations and more. A team player who supports all areas of our communications team strategy, the ideal candidate will be passionate about developing engaging content that effectively tells our brand story and further connects us with those we serve.
Provide writing and execution support for Sandridge intranet, Industry publications and award submissions partnering with the Internal Communications Manager to assist with content development, scheduling, and ideation.
- Provide writing and execution support for internal communications, partnering with the Internal Communications Manager to assist with writing, publishing, and channel management.
- Serve as the owner of the editorial calendar/processes for approvals and publication/promotion.
- Lead planning, production, and execution for Sandridge intranet content, assist in developing content ideas and more.
- Serve as project manager and liaison with graphic design, multimedia, and digital marketing across multiple communications projects to ensure appropriate assets are developed and timelines are managed.
- Partner cross-functionally to understand the Sandridge business to develop the most effective content and communications initiatives.
- Write for HR recruiting website, the company's intranet site and the company's internal recognition program.
- Collaborate with internal subject matter experts to write copy for internal newsletters and company's internal communication platform.
- Create and manage HTML email communications to all team members.
- Event coordinator for employee appreciation events (will require some weekend work).
- Ensure team members are engaged in company initiatives.
- Measure and present results of communication efforts.
- Manage and prioritize multiple tasks and projects with a sense of urgency.
- Effectively navigate a complex organizational structure.
- Some weekend and evening availability is required.
- Minimum 1-3 years' experience in professional writing/communications (internship and school experience may be considered as applicable).
- Bachelor's degree in English, Journalism, Marketing or relevant field or equivalent job experience.
- Exceptional writing and editing skills as demonstrated through a writing portfolio.
- High-level eye for design and communication effectiveness, including excellent attention to detail.
- An authentic interest in digital marketing trends and online marketing, including social media, blogs, and website content.
- A motivated learner with a willingness to dive deep into Sandridge product categories to understand our features, benefits, and applications (training will be provided).
- Demonstrated flexibility and ability to multi-task, manage multiple deadlines, and change gears quickly based on business needs.
- Experience with business writing and/or consumer-facing writing preferred.
- Experience in or exposure to corporate communications activities preferred.