We offer leading-edge capability, technology and innovation to enable companies to take products into clinical trials and provide clinical, process development, manufacturing, regulatory, health economics and market access expertise.
Our aim is to make the UK the most compelling and logical choice for UK and international partners to develop and commercialise these advanced therapies.
Leadership of the IT group to service external and internal customers.
Our Client is seeking to recruit an IT Director with exceptional credentials and expertise in setting up the planning and strategy framework for the company going forward.
You will have at least 10 years expertise at a senior level.
• Working with the CFO and Operational leaders set the strategy and objectives
• Select the right people, develop, and coach the team
• Support internal customers through effective business partnering
• Deliver IT services to customers/collaborators resident at the company locations including access/integration to Company business systems and infrastructure (communication/hardware)
• Ensure security of data and systems balancing effectiveness with the need for collaboration internally and with customers
• Deliver continuous improvement of services for internal and external stakeholders and Collaborators
• Ensure IT Services and are delivered efficiently and effectively
• Manage delivery of services within the agreed budget
• A minimum of ten years’ experience leading IT at a senior management level
• Track record of delivering results quickly
• Experience in delivering IT services to customers
• Work in a GMP or highly regulated environment
• Experience of agile product development
• Experience of Lean Six Sigma
• Infrastructure delivery (networking, hardware) to customers
• Experience with data science project delivery
Knowledge / Skills / Competencies:
• Highly motivated, pragmatic, and practical to support the mission of the Company to accelerate the development of a commercial cell and gene-based therapy industry in the UK.
• High level interpersonal, communication (oral and written) skills.
• Resilient, with the ability to manage multiple and varied tasks and prioritise workload within a fast-paced professional environment, with a strong attention to detail.
• Flexible and pragmatic, able to learn quickly and respond flexibly to project needs and priorities.
• Project ownership and pride in its delivery.
• Ability to work well under pressure, to work independently and to be able to take the initiative when completing tasks.
• Ambitious, collaborative, driven.
• Comfortable operating autonomously once goals and objectives are set.
• Able to evaluate complex situations and find solutions for them in a professional manner.
• Ability to quickly establish credibility and build rapport and trust.
• Proven ability to engage constructively with colleagues at all levels across different departments to deliver objectives and to respond to a wide range of customer and management needs.
• Proven diplomacy skills with diverse groups of internal and external stakeholders.
• High degree of motivation, problem solving skills and innovative thinking.
• A good team player with a hands-on approach, and adaptable to new challenges.
• A positive attitude towards learning, personal and professional development.
• Keeps up to date with professional knowledge, expertise, and best practice.
• Willingness to travel.
• Proven coaching/mentoring ability.
• Strong presentation skills.
• Sincere and secure - accepts own mistakes - prioritises team over personal goals.
• Driven and proactive - goes above and beyond the call of duty to achieve company results.
• Astute and persuasive - leads and inspires colleagues.
• Strong influencing and leadership skills.
Understands influencing, stakeholder management and negotiation strategies.
The Client is ideally seeking someone from a Pharmaceutical or Bio Science background and who understands how to work with the government and government funding.
This position will manage 15 people within the IT team.
Degree level qualification
IT qualifications preferred but not essential
Location and Travel:
• Contracted location Stevenage • Ability to travel to Company locations
The role will be based near Stevenage with hybrid working.
The rate will be competitive - circa £1000 per day.
This will be a 12 month contract assignment.
Please send your CV to us in Word format along with your rate and availability.