Pay Class: Hourly
WE GIVE DOWN-TO-EARTH A WHOLE NEW MEANING
We're Lehigh Hanson. Our products build cities and towns, including stadiums that hold thousands of fans, and bridges that support millions of vehicles. We have thousands of employees across hundreds of locations in the U.S. and Canada, making us North America's leading supplier of cement, aggregates, ready mixed concrete, asphalt and related construction materials.
We might be a big company, but we appreciate and encourage our people to share their ideas and help shape our future. We want every one of our people to play an active role in growing our business. With our diverse product lines and locations across North America, there are opportunities to explore different roles and work on a variety of exciting and interesting projects.
We're a tight knit team. While we strive to be the best, we do it with an attitude that is humble, accessible and down-to-earth. We don't ask you to fit in to our culture. We invite you to add to it.
HERE'S WHAT YOU'LL GET TO DO
Are you detailed and team oriented? Lehigh Hanson is seeking a Lead Person - Traveling Portable Crew . This position will work directly with the Plant Manager in planning and organizing employees for production and repair.
What you will get to do:
- Planning and organizing for team of employees; position is a working supervisor
- Perform repair and maintenance involving disassembly, overhaul, assembly, and adjustments of crushing and screening or mobile equipment components
- Maintain proper tool/parts inventory for specified jobs
- Complete maintenance projects in a timely manner to ensure production goals
- Maintain up-to-date written or data input spreadsheets on all equipment repairs
- Ensure that all equipment repairs are performed accurately to the manufacturer standards
- Inspect, diagnose, and perform repair and maintenance of all plant motorized equipment, using a variety of hand tools, power tools, shop machines, hoists, etc.
- Install and replace bearings, speed reducers, shafts, pulleys, idlers, motors, couplings, etc.
- Make major repairs to crushers, screens, mechanical feeders and conveyor
- Willingness to learn hydraulic systems
- Perform other miscellaneous mechanical and maintenance duties as assigned
This position will reside in Demorest Georgia.
HERE'S WHAT WE'RE LOOKING FOR
- Cutting and Welding experience necessary
- Must be willing to learn to operate crushing plant equipment and mobile equipment
- Strong mechanical background with conveyors, screens, crushers
- MSHA training a plus
- Physical Requirements: sitting, standing, walking, pushing, pulling, twisting, climbing, balancing, bending (bending at the waist, lifting above the waist and lifting below the waist), kneeling, reaching, grasping (use of both hands), squatting, repetitive motions, manipulative finger movements with both hands, use of wrists (flexing or rotating with both wrists), use of both feet, use of arms above and below shoulder, work extended periods of time in same position, perform duties in all climates i.e. weather, extreme temperatures, tolerate heights, lift and carry up to 50 lbs., work in confined spaces, capable of wearing respiratory and other personal protective equipment
Benefits & Compensation:
We appreciate that candidates have many questions when considering opportunities, so we want to let you know that we offer a comprehensive compensation and benefits package, which we like to share with candidates a little bit later in the process.
No search firms please.
Lehigh Hanson is a Drug Free Workplace
Employer Statement: Equal Opportunity Employer - Minority / Female / Veteran / Disabled