HBD - General Surgery
Day (United States of America)
Clinical LPN support for General Surgery/ Trauma/ Transplant outpatient office at 50 New Scotland Ave., surgeon's pavilion. Rooming of patients, supporting surgeons in day to day process, assisting with minor clinic based procedures.
LPN - Full Time
Surgery division Practice Office - Albany, NY and other off-site locations
Work schedule: Monday - Friday Day shift
Under the direction of the Provider, RN, or Nurse supervisor, the LPN will have the opportunity to perform direct patient care, including obtaining and recording vital signs, current health information, assisting with in office procedures, and answering various tasks.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities include:
- Obtains and accurately records patient's vital signs, through the standardized rooming process
- Documents components of patient's history
- Communicates openly and appropriately with patients, visitors, and staff
- Participates in in-office procedures under the direction and supervision of a licensed healthcare provider
- Performs diagnostic CLIA waived testing as deemed by location
- Performs venipuncture to obtain blood for lab testing as deemed by location
- Prescription call-backs per scope of practice
- Answering own and physician's tasks based on the scope of practice
- Preps patient's chart for pertinent clinical information
- Works with RN and maintains the inventory of supplies and keeps patient examination rooms stocked
- Adheres to AMC's regulatory compliance issues
- Position may include occasional travel to other sites within the AMC Faculty Practices
- High School diploma or equivalent
- Current NYS license as a licensed practical nurse
- Previous experience in a patient care setting preferred
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Ability to effectively present information and respond to questions from physicians, patients, and their family members or other employees within the work setting.
Thank you for your interest in Albany Medical Center!
Albany Medical is an equal opportunity employer.
This role may require access to information considered sensitive to Albany Medical Center, its patients, affiliates, and partners, including but not limited to HIPAA Protected Health Information and other information regulated by Federal and New York State statutes. Workforce members are expected to ensure that:
Access to information is based on a need to know and is the minimum necessary to properly perform assigned duties. Use or disclosure shall not exceed the minimum amount of information needed to accomplish an intended purpose. Reasonable efforts, consistent with Albany Med Center policies and standards, shall be made to ensure that information is adequately protected from unauthorized access and modification.