Apply for this job now
Manager, Credit Department
- Indianapolis, Indiana
- Job Type
- 15 Jan 2023
Apply for this job now
Responsible for a team of Credit Analysts and Credit Administrative Specialists who perform credit analysis, underwriting and monitoring of a designated commercial loan portfolio, as well as administration within the department.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
1. Manage staff, includes interview, hire, train and mentor, evaluate performance, recommend salary adjustments and career changes, recommend disciplinary counseling and terminations.
2. Provide leadership of the credit analysis function for the assigned Credit Analysts and Credit Administrative Specialists, including:
Conduct training for the assigned Credit Analysts to supplement corporate training in all required areas including cash flow analysis, credit decision summary preparation and credit processes.
Conduct review of the credit decision summary packages for accuracy and completeness for Credit Analyst I's and other as needed.
Manage workflow of the assigned Credit Analysts to completion within expected timeframes
3. Manage completion of all credit monitoring functions for the designated portfolio including spreading and review of financial statements, borrowing base and covenant testing, marketable securities and leveraged lending monitoring and annual credit reviews.
4. Manage data integrity for call codes, NAICS codes, risk grade and risk rating score accuracy.
5. Credit analysis duties for more complex or other credits as workflow requires.
Assist with underwriting for complex credits to assure accuracy and depth of analysis strength within team
Hands on and familiar use with financial spreading software, loan system, cash flow analysis and other credit systems and tools.
6. Manage the ordering and review of appraisals and completion of real estate evaluations.
7. Manage the SAM (special asset management) credit process for designated portfolio including data quality, attending SAM meetings and monitoring risk grade changes.
8. Monitor loan review and audit communications to provide timely response to findings.
9. Conduct routine department meetings and maximize engagement of the team.
10. Participate in the development and delivery of corporate training for credit analysts.
11. Participate in loan committees where assigned analyst's credit decision summaries are being presented.
12. Participate in credit initiatives as assigned.
Education - Bachelor's degree in accounting, finance, business or related field.
Experience - Four (4) years of related analytical experience; One (1) year of managing others
Other - None
Master's degree in business administration (MBA)
Prior experience in credit department management.
Four (4) years of related analytical experience; One (1) year of managing others
Bachelors or better in Finance or related field
Equal Opportunity Employer/Protected Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities
The contractor will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. However, employees who have access to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with the contractor's legal duty to furnish information. 41 CFR 60-1.35(c)
- Job Reference: 876523072-2
- Date Posted: 15 January 2023
- Recruiter: First Merchants Bank
- Location: Indianapolis, Indiana
- Salary: On Application
- Sector: Banking & Financial Services
- Job Type: Permanent