Purple Carrot started with just a seed of an idea in 2014. Our vision is a world where plant-based eating is at the core of living well. Every day, on this mission, we're breaking boundaries with plant-based eating. We value learning from customers, an ownership mindset, integrity, winning together, and being bold. We need your expertise on our team to make things happen!
Purple Carrot's irresistible, globally-inspired meal-kit recipes and prepared meals using fresh ingredients are available in the U.S. and Japan. We are a team of collaborative individuals who drive for results, strive for doing better, make good choices quickly, and embrace a growth mindset to win or learn. Here's what you're up for!
We are looking for a Manager of Retention Marketing to join our mission-driven team. As an integral part of a Marketing department, you will join forces with the Assoc. Director of Retention and Loyalty (to whom you will also report) in our continued effort to inspire people to eat more plants!
We are looking for candidates who have a knack for turning emails, push notifications, SMS and in-app messages into captivating customer experiences. You are passionate about the customer journey and know how to create campaigns that keep customers craving more of our plant-based products.
This position will play an important role in building lasting connections with our customers through timely, relevant, and targeted campaigns that help shape personalized experiences across our diverse customer base.
As the Manager of Retention Marketing you will be focused on developing and executing retention strategies across email, push, SMS, and in-app messages. You'll work closely with cross-functional teams to build an engaging customer journey using a fail or learn mentality to fine-tune strategies and amplify campaign effectiveness.
We greatly thank all applicants, however only those under serious consideration will be contacted.
- Purple Carrot HQ is in Needham, MA and prefers local candidates to work in a hybrid model. Alternative location is in the Chicago area which is close to one of our partner sites.
On the Plate
- Lead end-to-end development and execution of recurring omnichannel campaigns to drive retention and increase LTV, ensuring campaigns are executed flawlessly and that milestones are met on time.
- Understand and own the data and events that trigger our programs, building in checks and automating processes to streamline and work more efficiently.
- Champion a culture of customer-centricity within the organization, promoting a deep understanding of customer needs and preferences across the customer lifecycle.
- Identify opportunities for audience segmentation to drive specific actions and enhance how we connect with customers.
- Spearhead efforts to increase the sophistication of our program through an understanding - and implementation - of industry best practices, current trends, and new technologies.
- Own the testing roadmap for retention channels, delivering a test and learn agenda around customer segmentation, offer and creative formats, and continual optimization of programs.
Main Ingredients for the Role
- 6+ years B2C, DTC industry experience with a focus on campaign management.
- Bachelor's degree in Marketing, Communications, or related field, or equivalent experience.
- Demonstrated record of executing large-scale, complex, B2C email/sms/push/in-app campaigns.
- Ability to translate strategy and vision into capability requirements for product/tech teams.
- Experience developing actionable creative briefs and provided constructive feedback on creative work.
- Braze experience and comfortability building campaigns utilizing html and liquid logic.
- Experience designing and implementing A/B, holdout, and multivariate tests.
- Comfortability using Google Analytics, Business Intelligence Tools, SQL.
- Deep understanding of how to cross-functionally coordinate in a growing marketing department.
- A customer-centric mindset with experience using customer insights (qual and quant) to inform business strategy and day-to-day decision-making.
- Strategic thinking. You think with a vision and can balance between the big picture and immediate action.
Extra Special Sauce
- Strong sense of ownership and entrepreneurial spirit
- Strong collaboration and problem solving skills
- Relentlessly high standards and meticulous attention to detail
We love our staff, and show it with benefits (including but not limited to medical, dental, vision, FSA, and life insurance), matching retirement plan, unlimited paid time off, Purple Carrot box allowance, professional development, and the opportunity to work in collaboration with teammates who are passionate about food!
Purple Carrot's top priority is protecting the health and wellbeing of our team and candidates. The majority of our interviews and assessments occur virtually. If there is a need to interview onsite, we follow COVID-19 guidance from the CDC, WHO, and any state guidelines .
We are committed to a safe and inclusive work environment, free of discrimination based on race, color, religion, sex, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, genetics, national origin, ancestry, age, medical condition, mental or physical disability, handicap, veteran status, or marital status.