Engineering & Design
Hudson, IL • ID: 6204-046 • Full-Time/Regular
Brandt is currently seeking Manufacturing Engineers to join our Plant Design & Integration Team.
The Manufacturing Engineers will be responsible for implementing, maintaining and improving all aspects of the manufacturing process. Your goal is to improve upon and standardize every aspect of manufacturing operations with an engineering approach.
You will be part of a team that is the central link between design, tooling, operations, and production with an emphasis on Safety, Quality, Delivery, Cost and Morale.
Duties & Responsibilities
- Manage all aspects of manufacturing process for new product launches.
- Maintain current product lines with an emphasis on Safety, Quality, Delivery, Cost and Morale.
- Maximizing efficiency by analyzing and implementing layouts, workflow, manufacturing methods, and workforce utilization.
- Utilize the appropriate tools and methodologies of lean manufacturing to inspire continuous improvement and operating excellence.
- Creating and implement meaningful metrics that can be used to benchmark performance and highlight future opportunities
- Assist in standardization of processes across all manufacturing facilities. Share best practices and implement proven solutions.
- Documenting process methods and develops standard operating procedures.
- Assist with development and implementation of jigs and fixtures to improve efficiencies and increase quality of products being built.
- Assist in capital projects from concept to implementation.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Knowledge of commonly used practices and equipment used in manufacturing.
- Ability to read and understand technical drawings.
- Experience in CAD/SolidWorks or other 3D modeling is required.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office Suite (Excel, Word, PowerPoint, OneNote).
- Must be self-motivated.
- Ability to work with changing priorities and timelines.
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills.
- Must be familiar with quality and lean principles.
- Must be well organized and capable of multi-tasking.
- Strong project management skills.
- Strong attention to detail.
- Minimum of 3 years' of design or manufacturing engineering experience is preferred.
- An engineering degree or mechanical technologist diploma is required.