Valley Solar is one of the New England's largest independent solar energy contractors, located in beautiful Western Massachusetts.
We are looking for a talented Marketing and Sales Operations Manager with technology experience to join our team.
The Marketing and Sales Operations Manager will develop marketing campaigns that drive leads, manage our marketing budget and work with our Sales VP to manage our sales team to meet company sales and revenue goals.
Because we believe that happy customers are our best advertisement, the umbrella of "marketing" will include customer experience management to measure and improve customer satisfaction throughout the journey. This will require an aptitude for business system management and process improvement with an agile mindset.
The position will require traditional creative marketing skills combined with a demonstrated ability to identify and use automation tools and innovative apps and overall business intelligence.
Experience working with Salesforce is a plus, but not required.
Pay Scale: $52K-75K DOE
Benefits: Paid vacation, paid holidays, Simple IRA with employer match, health, dental.
- Develop and manage effective marketing campaigns that drive leads
- Create and maintain reporting metrics and marketing KPIs
- Manage and expand our social media presence
- Implement automation tools such as AI/NLP
- Contribute towards continuous improvement of organizational process
- Work with freelancers and agencies and manage those relationships
- Work in Salesforce CRM to report and track sales data
- Oversee accuracy in sales materials and agreements
- Track sales KPIs for Sales VP
- Manage Sales and Marketing technology platforms
- Schedule, manage and work at sales events
- Manage and assign sales leads
- Ensure proper usage of logos and brand
- Develop sales SOPs with management
- Assist in recruiting, onboarding, and training of sales team members
- Bring a positive, collaborative, and solutions-oriented attitude to work
- Some customer interaction will be expected
- Passionate about solar energy, marketing, sales and business process improvement
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills
- Passionate about automation tools such as AI/NLP
- Aptitude for business intelligence and data management
- Experience working with technology platforms
- Demonstrated ability to work harmoniously with a team
- Proficient in Salesforce, Microsoft, and design programs
- Experience with social media marketing
- Ability to write copy
- Familiarity with web design
- Able to prioritize tasks and hold yourself accountable for delivering results on schedule
- Able to understand and communicate the value of solar energy
- 2 or more years' experience in marketing a plus
This is a full-time position with a competitive salary and benefits package. If you are a motivated self-starter and are looking for a challenging opportunity in a growing company, we encourage you to apply.
ABOUT THE OPPORTUNITY
Solar now accounts for over 50% of new energy generation added to the grid. With the extension of the Federal tax credits, solar is poised for a decade of unprecedented growth.
In Massachusetts, it is estimated an additional 35,000 solar energy sector employees will be required to hit the state's net-zero carbon emission goals by 2050. This will require a 400% increase in yearly solar interconnections vs 2022 and an estimated $50B in new economic activity.
Valley Solar, one of the largest independently owned solar contractors in the state, has won the Daily Hampshire Gazettes Reader's Choice award for Best Solar Installer in 2023, 2022, 2021, 2020 and 2018, and a has 4.9 Google rating. Valley Solar is focused on constant improvement of business operations and believes in hiring superior talent and promoting from within.
This is an opportunity with incredible career upside.
Valley Solar is an Equal Opportunity Employer committed to diversity in the workplace. Consistent with that goal, all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, national origin, age, disability, protected veteran status, gender identity, or any other category protected by applicable federal, state, or local laws