Hudson, IL • ID: 6149 - 046 • Full-Time/Regular
This position is responsible for maintenance of employee headcount, supervision of crew, audit checks, and workflow management.
DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES
- Supervise the production crew, including operators, kitters, and material handlers
- Train, coach, mentor new employees
- Help develop shop layouts to maximize efficiencies of entire plant
- Responsible for the on-time of product to the plant ensuring the other departments have what they need, when they need it. Products include parts coming off CNC Lasers, Brakes and Saws
- Develop and maintain procedures to ensure flow of work and information through each area in a timely manner with a focus on meeting customer delivery requirements
- Assign work, prioritize work, work with cross shift staff
- Ensure all maintenance is performed and documented as per OEM specification
- Identify and support opportunities to eliminate waste and lead initiatives to improve plant efficiency and quality
- Other duties as assigned.
- Work with Quality Assurance to develop and maintain product quality processes, ensure staff is following QA processes, which will result in a quality product delivered to customer with a low early defect measurement.
- Review standard times and credit hours generated for all assembled/bundled parts, ensure credit hours meet or exceed budgeted hours.
- Create a positive environment in the plant where people want to perform
- Work with operations and shop management to establish areas and needs for continuous improvement
- Assist the Operations and Shop Managers in creating and sustaining a culture of continuous improvement
- Ensure that al BOM's and drawing changes are communicated to the proper departments responsible
- Maintain high standards of cleanliness and order throughout department