Angel Kids Pediatrics, a Busy pediatric office looking for cheerful faces and good attitudes to join our team at our Julington office location Saint Johns Florida.
Great Opportunity to join a vibrant and growing pediatric practice with 7 locations across Northeast Florida. Our practice is recognized as a national leader in pediatric population health and medical home integration. Our innovative practice model allows our providers to focus on patient care while our administrative teams provide full support handling billing, collections, contracting, quality improvement and marketing. Ideal candidates will have a passion for working collaboratively to provide comprehensive and compassionate care to our patients - from newborns to adolescents.
Job Title: Medical Assistant (MA)/Certified Nursing Assistant (CNA)
Primary Location: Julington office in Saint Johns , Florida
The Employee performs assigned Test in clinic settings to meet the care needs of patients. The employee participates as a member of the health care team and accepts appropriate delegation from the physician or supervisor in meeting the needs of the patients/organization. The employee performs assigned tasks in accordance with the patient care plan, organizations policies and procedures. This may include verifying patient information, maintaining patient privacy. Reviewing and/or recording test results in our EHR system, confirming purpose of visit. Educating patient, assisting physician with procedures, ensure patient safety using positive patient identification protocols and obtain the appropriate consents as required
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
Greets, receives, and prepares patients for appointments/procedures
Performs Covid 19 laboratory tests on patients as provided by established protocol
Performs routine laboratory/radiology tests on patients as provided by established protocol
Maintains nursing stations and examination areas in a manner consistent with OSHA standards and Universal Precautions procedures
• Maintains inventory of medical supplies and materials
• Coordinates patient flow
• Prepares timely, legible, and complete documentation of all patient care as provided by law, regulation, and established policy
• Participates in quality improvement and utilization review activities
• Applies safety principles as identified by established policy
• Ensures compliance with legal issues including but not limited to patient confidentiality and risk management; ensures compliance with JCAHO, federal, state, and local regulations
• Exhibits a high degree of courtesy, tact, and poise when interacting with patients, families, and other healthcare professionals
• Adjusts to fluctuating peaks in patient flow, acuity, and other operational demands while maintaining quality
• Performs other related duties as assigned by management
• High school diploma or equivalent.
Must possess current CPR certification
• Knowledge of medical terminology
Completion of formal training program as nursing/medical assistant and/or comparable experience in clinical setting
Demonstrated competence in reacting to and handling emergencies
• Able to work collaboratively with multiple health professionals in a busy and complex environment using tact, diplomacy, and discipline
• Ability to understand and adhere to established policies, procedures, and protocols
• Strong charting/documentation skills
Strong knowledge of Vaccines
• Ability to effectively communicate with people at all levels and from various backgrounds.
• Commitment to excellence and high standards
• Excellent written and oral communication skills
• Strong organizational, problem-solving, and analytical skills
• Ability to manage priorities and workflow
• Versatility, flexibility, and a willingness to work within constantly changing priorities with enthusiasm
• Good judgment with the ability to make timely and sound decisions
• Bilingual skills a plus
Preferred Education and Experience
Certified or Registered Medial Assistant
Pediatric Experience: 1 Year
Travel: Travel is primarily local during the business day.
This position will have the requirement of Night shift hours, Weekend Shift hours and filling-in at other company locations on an as needed basis.
Prolonged periods standing and walking.
Must be able to lift up to 50 pounds at a time.
Equal Employment Opportunity
It is the policy of AKP to provide equal employment opportunity to all employees and applicants for employment and not to discriminate on any basis prohibited by law, including race, color, sex, age, religion, ancestry, national origin, marital status, veteran status, or other legally protected group status. It is our intent and desire that equal employment opportunities will be provided in employment, recruitment, selection compensation, benefits, promotion, demotion, layoff, termination and all other terms and conditions of employment. AKP is committed to this policy and its enforcement.