An established healthcare system partnered with a correction al facility located near Waco, Texas is seeking full-time, permanent Medical Director to join their correction's team!
Starting pay from around $250,000/yr
The Medical Director Job Description:
- Full-time, direct hire opportunity
- Setting: Correction al Facility
- Oversees a team of midlevel and clinical positions
- Interacts with prison administrative officials in formulating unit policy. Provides immediate care for medical emergencies of inmates, employees and on-site visitors. Refers patients to medical specialists when appropriate and necessary, and coordinates medical care with said specialists. May perform minor surgical and orthopedic procedures commensurate with medical competency. Utilizes the appropriate leadership skills in delegating and directing nursing staff. Provides an environment conducive to safety and security for patients, visitors, and employees. Assesses the risk to the patient and employee safely and implements appropriate precautions.
- Great leadership and administration team!
The Medical Director Minimum Requirements:
- Current license to practice medicine by the Texas State Board of Medical Examiners
- Current Drug Enforcement Agency and Texas Department of Public Safety controlled substances registration certificates
- Preferable to have previous experience in correction s, however not required
- Requires special knowledge and skills in general medicine, orthopedics, and emergency medicine
- Ability to communicate effectively, both orally and in writing
- KINDHEARTED exceed expectations with a kind heart, helping hands, and a positive attitude
- INTEGRITY be honorable and trustworthy even when no one is looking
The Texas Location:
- Smaller city community that is expanding rapidly
- Unique eatery options and shops in the downtown area
- Baylor University located right in downtown Waco