CARE FOR THE STRESSES WE CAN'T SEE
Today's Airmen face undeniable stresses and unique challenges in the line of duty. Our Mental Health Nurses play a crucial role in helping diagnose and aid in their continued all-over health. Providing safe and effective treatment alongside the mental health care team, they help promote and foster positive environments as they aid in maintaining the continued health of Airmen around the world.
Bachelor's or master's degree in nursing from a school accredited by the NLN or CCNE
- Knowledge of mental health nursing process, individual/family dynamics in health and during illness
- Minimum of six months in mental health nursing, including individual and group therapy
- Civilian mental health nursing experience is creditable.
- Completion of 5.5-week Officer Training School course
- Must be between the ages of 18 and 47