Pay Class: Hourly
Hourly Pay Rate: 24.35
WE GIVE DOWN-TO-EARTH A WHOLE NEW MEANING
Heidelberg Materials is seeking a Mobile Mechanic to join our team in Fairmount Il. As a Mobile mechanic you will [Job Highlights].
Heidelberg Materials provides the materials to build our future. Our future is sustainable. Our future is digital. And it goes beyond cement, aggregates and ready-mixed concrete. Heidelberg Materials North America, previously known as Lehigh Hanson, operates more than 450 locations with approximately 9,000 employees in the U.S. and Canada.
HERE'S WHAT YOU'LL GET TO DO
Do you pride yourself on the ability to fix anything? Lehigh Hanson is seeking a Plant Maintenance Mechanic to assist with the maintenance operations at this site. You will have the opportunity to tackle new challenges every day to keep the plant running smoothly and efficiently.
- Diagnose, adjust, repair, or overhaul mobile mechanical, hydraulic, and pneumatic equipment, such as cranes, bulldozers, graders, and conveyors, used in construction, logging, and surface mining.
- Repair and replace damaged or worn parts.
- Dismantle and reassemble heavy equipment using hoists and hand tools.
- Operate and inspect machines or heavy equipment to diagnose defects.
- Test mechanical products and equipment after repair or assembly to ensure proper performance and compliance with manufacturers' specifications.
- Clean, lubricate, and perform other routine maintenance work on equipment and vehicles.
- Repairs and assesses malfunctions, rebuilds, and performs maintenance on construction equipment, such as cranes, power shovels, scrapers, paving machines, motor graders, trench-digging machines, conveyors, bulldozers, dredges, pumps, compressors, and pneumatic tools.
- Operate individually and within a team environment
- Ensure compliance with all health, safety, and environmental regulations, and with company policies and procedures; perform daily equipment inspections, as well as identify and assist in correcting unsafe conditions
This position will be based in Fairmount Il.
HERE'S WHAT WE'RE LOOKING FOR
- High School Diploma or equivalent required
- Knowledge of preventative maintenance scheduling
- 3-5 years of journeyman-level mechanic experience required
- Valid drivers' license required. Class A or B preferred.
- 5 years of heavy mobile equipment experience
- Experience preferred on a dozer, Cat haul trucks, front-end loaders, mobile cranes, and forklifts
- Physical Requirements: sitting, standing, walking, pushing, pulling, twisting, climbing, balancing, bending (bending at the waist, lifting above the waist, and lifting below the waist), kneeling, reaching, grasping (use of both hands), squatting, repetitive motions, manipulative finger movements with both hands, use of wrists (flexing or rotating with both wrists), use of both feet, use of arms above and below shoulder, work extended periods in the same position, perform duties in all climates i.e. weather, extreme temperatures, tolerate heights, lift and carry up to 75 lbs., work in confined spaces, capable of wearing respiratory and other personal protective equipment
- MSHA Part 48 Training a plus
BRING YOUR HUMBLE OVERACHIEVER ATTITUDE AND LET'S ELEVATE OUR COMPANY EVEN HIGHER!
We appreciate that candidates have many questions when considering opportunities, so we want to let you know that we offer a comprehensive compensation and benefits package, which we like to share with candidates a little bit later in the process.
The position could potentially be on a second shift.
No search firms, please.
Must be eligible to work in the United States.
Heidelberg Materials is a Drug-Free Workplace.
Employer Statement: Equal Opportunity Employer - Minority / Female / Veteran / Disabled