Pay Class: Hourly
WE GIVE DOWN-TO-EARTH A WHOLE NEW MEANING
We're Lehigh Hanson. Our products build cities and towns, including stadiums that hold thousands of fans, and bridges that support millions of vehicles. We have thousands of employees across hundreds of locations in the U.S. and Canada, making us North America's leading supplier of cement, aggregates, ready mixed concrete, asphalt and related construction materials.
We might be a big company, but we appreciate and encourage our people to share their ideas and help shape our future. We want every one of our people to play an active role in growing our business. With our diverse product lines and locations across North America, there are opportunities to explore different roles and work on a variety of exciting and interesting projects.
We're a tight knit team. While we strive to be the best, we do it with an attitude that is humble, accessible and down-to-earth. We don't ask you to fit in to our culture. We invite you to add to it.
HERE'S WHAT YOU'LL GET TO DO
Do you pride yourself in the ability to fix anything? Lehigh Hanson is seeking a Plant Maintenance Mechanic to assist with the maintenance operations at this site. This is a Night Shift position. You will have the opportunity to tackle new challenges each and every day to keep the plant running smoothly and efficiently.
- Assist with preventative, predictive and corrective equipment maintenance; reviews operation of plant equipment and systems to minimize unplanned downtime, anticipate problems and to identify opportunities for improvement
- Inspect equipment for safe and proper operation and perform preventative maintenance per manufacturer's specifications
- Diagnose, install and perform repair and maintenance on crushers, changing jaw dies, bearings, bushings, crusher mantles and other equipment as needed
- Install and replace bearings, speed reducers, shafts, pulleys, idlers, motors, couplings, etc.
- Repair conveyor belts, feeders, and hydraulic systems
- Coordinator and plan work with outside contractors on special projects focusing on cost effectiveness
- Operate individually and within a team environment
- Ensure compliance with all health, safety and environmental regulations, and with company policies and procedures; perform daily equipment inspections, as well as identify and assist in correcting unsafe conditions
This position will be based at the Bridgeport, TX quarry.
HERE'S WHAT WE'RE LOOKING FOR
- High School Diploma or equivalent required
- Minimum of 2 years of hands on maintenance experience (or formal technical training), troubleshooting and repair
- Knowledge of hydraulics and pneumatics
- Available to work flexible hours, days as well as an excess of 40 hrs. per week as needed
- Knowledge of mechanical moving parts (chains, bearings and rollers)
- Weld and torch, certification a plus
- Ability to use a variety of hand tools, power tools, shop machines, hoists, etc.
- Ability to read and fabricate from drawings
- Physical Requirements: sitting, standing, walking, pushing, pulling, twisting, climbing, balancing, bending (bending at the waist, lifting above the waist and lifting below the waist), kneeling, reaching, grasping (use of both hands), squatting, repetitive motions, manipulative finger movements with both hands, use of wrists (flexing or rotating with both wrists), use of both feet, use of arms above and below shoulder, work extended periods of time in same position, perform duties in all climates i.e. weather, extreme temperatures, tolerate heights, lift and carry up to 75 lbs., work in confined spaces, capable of wearing respiratory and other personal protective equipment
- MSHA Part 48 Training a plus
BRING YOUR HUMBLE OVERACHIEVER ATTITUDE AND LET'S ELEVATE OUR COMPANY EVEN HIGHER!
We appreciate that candidates have many questions when considering opportunities, so we want to let you know that we offer a comprehensive compensation and benefits package, which we like to share with candidates a little bit later in the process.
No search firms please.
Lehigh Hanson is a Drug Free Workplace
Employer Statement: Equal Opportunity Employer - Minority / Female / Veteran / Disabled